asq Awards and Scholarships
ASQ has set up and operates a comprehensive Awards Program to recognize leadership, technical achievement, and distinguished service to the profession and Society. The Society Awards Program provides for a systematic approach for the creation and overall control of society awards and society, regional, and unit scholarships.
ASQ Overall Society Medals, Awards, and Scholarships
Society Medals and Awards will be administered by a committee that bears the name of the award and reports to the Society Awards Board.
Recognize outstanding leadership in quality with ASQ's prestigious medals and awards. The awards recognize individuals for superior achievements in the development, promotion, and communication of quality information and technology. Awards and medals are named after people who have made outstanding achievements in the field of quality. Anyone, regardless of membership may make nominations. These awards are presented at ASQ's World Conference on Quality and Improvement in the spring of each year.
2022 Honors and Awards Brochure honoring award and medal winners from the last three years.
Medals for Broad Contribution, Meritorious Service
- DSM Medal - Lifetime contribution For Service to ASQ
- Edwards Medal - Senior Quality Professional contribution
- Hutchens Medal - Social Responsibility contribution
- Juran Medal - Executive Leadership contribution
- Shewhart Medal - Technical or Statistical contribution
Medals for Distinguished Career or Specialty Contribution
- Deming Medal - Statistical Thinking & Management contribution
- Feigenbaum Medal – Under 35 contributor
- Freund-Marquardt Medal – Quality Standards contribution
- Grant Medal – Education Programs contributions
- Hromi Medal – Inspection contributions
- Ishikawa Medal – Human aspects of quality
- Lancaster Medal – International contribution
- Shainin Medal – Problem Solving Methods contribution
Medals/Awards for Written Works on Quality
- Crosby Medal – books
- Brumbaugh Award – Technical articles
- Gryna Award – Management or non-technical articles
Award for Appreciation
- Testimonial Award – Appreciation to members who have served the Society with Distinction