Welcome to the new ASQ governing documents page.
ASQ’s governing documents define the structure and operations of the Society as well as the rights and responsibilities of its leadership and all members. Certain policies are also necessary to promote ethics and compliance throughout the organization.
ASQ governing documents are hierarchal, meaning that each document must be consistent with and not contradict the categories above it. In order of importance, the hierarchy of ASQ’s governing documents is as follows: Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, policies, procedures, and then all other supporting documentation (e.g., work instructions, templates, forms and position guides). The Bylaws Committee is responsible for the management of ASQ’s governing documents.
ASQ is in the process of transforming its structure and operations to provide enhanced value to both its individual and organizational members. New policies reflecting these improvements are uploaded to this site as they become available and in accordance with applicable procedures. All new policies must be approved by the Board of Directors.
If you have questions about a policy or its related documents, or about the transition of governing documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: ASQ understands that members frequently refer to governing documents in course of their work and involvement with the Society. When referencing the documentation found on this site, best practice is to provide community members with a link to the relevant document rather than extracting portions of the document’s content. This promotes access to each policy in its entirety and visibility to the most current, accurate documentation during transformation.
- Governance Documents Management Policy
- Governance Document Management Procedure
- Governance Document Management Work Instruction
- Governance Document Change Request Form
- Governance Documents Management Policy Template
- Governance Documents Management Position Guide Template
- Governance Documents Management Procedure Template
- Governance Documents Management Work Instruction Template
- Amendments to the Bylaws by Petition Policy
- Intellectual Property & Brand Protection Policy
- Official Statements Policy
Board of Directors
- Society Elections Policy
- Society Tellers Committee Composition and Operation Policy
- Strategic Planning Council Charter Policy
CEO and Staff Practices
- Geographic Communities Council Policy
- Technical Communities Council Policy
- Assistance to Struggling Technical Community Procedure
- Development and Approval of Technical Communities Council Policies and Procedures
- New Technical Community Admission to the Technical Communities Council Procedure
- Technical Community Dissolution Procedure
- Technical Community Segment Transfer Procedure
- Technical Communities Structure Procedure
- Removal of Technical Community Officers and Member Leaders Procedure
- Election of TCC Chair and Vice Chair Procedure
- Election of Directors Representing Technical Communities Procedure
- Election of Directors Representing Technical Communities Procedure—Appendix A, Value Statement
- Director Representing Technical Communities Position Guide
- Anti-bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
- Antitrust Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Record Retention Policy
- Anti-Harassment and Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Individual Membership Policy
- Organization Membership Policy — Rescinded: 11/01/2019; Effective: 01/01/2020