Welcome to the new ASQ governing documents page.
ASQ’s governing documents define the structure and operations of the Society as well as the rights and responsibilities of its leadership and all members. Certain policies are also necessary to promote ethics and compliance throughout the organization.
ASQ governing documents are hierarchal, meaning that each document must be consistent with and not contradict the categories above it. In order of importance, the hierarchy of ASQ’s governing documents is as follows: Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, policies, procedures, and then all other supporting documentation (e.g., work instructions, templates, forms and position guides). The Bylaws Committee is responsible for the management of ASQ’s governing documents.
ASQ is in the process of transforming its structure and operations to provide enhanced value to both its individual and organizational members. New policies reflecting these improvements are uploaded to this site as they become available and in accordance with applicable procedures. All new policies must be approved by the Board of Directors.
If you have questions about a policy or its related documents, or about the transition of governing documents, please email email@example.com.
Please note: ASQ understands that members frequently refer to governing documents in course of their work and involvement with the Society. When referencing the documentation found on this site, best practice is to provide community members with a link to the relevant document rather than extracting portions of the document’s content. This promotes access to each policy in its entirety and visibility to the most current, accurate documentation during transformation.
- Governance Documents Management Policy
- Governance Document Management Procedure
- Governance Document Management Work Instruction
- Governance Document Change Request Form
- Governance Documents Management Policy Template
- Governance Documents Management Position Guide Template
- Governance Documents Management Work Instruction Template
- Amendments to the Bylaws by Petition Policy
- Amendments to the Bylaws by Petition Procedure
- Intellectual Property & Brand Protection Policy
Board of Directors
- Society Elections Policy
- Society Tellers Committee Composition and Operation Policy
- Society Tellers Committee Procedure
CEO and Staff Practices