Why Publish With ASQ?
ASQ understands that you have options for publishing your work. When you choose ASQ, you become part of a world-wide community of professionals dedicated to advancing the body of knowledge on quality.
Top ten reasons authors submit their manuscripts for consideration by ASQ:
- Reputation and the ASQ brand. For 70 years, ASQ has been the community of choice for sharing knowledge on quality tools, methods, and concepts. Quality professionals around the world cite ASQ publications in their research.
- Professional peer review and editorial boards. ASQ’s peer review boards and editorial committees are carefully selected and continually updated to include subject matter experts from a variety of backgrounds. Every board is composed of both practicing quality professionals and academicians.
- Professional development. Listing ASQ publications on your resume demonstrates your commitment to the quality profession and builds your status with employers. The process of authoring articles or books, presenting at conferences, and creating podcasts and webcasts also deepens your own understanding of quality principles.
- Recertification units. Publishing is one way you can earn units toward ASQ recertification. Every article or presentation earns you 1 recertification unit. A book earns you 4.
- Recognition and membership status. Establish a name for yourself in quality and increase your chances of earning awards and furthering your ASQ membership status.
- A world-wide audience. ASQ's global audience grows each year. With more than 100,000 subscribers to ASQ magazines and journals, and millions of visitors to the ASQ website every year, you can count on people seeing your work.
- Visibility and open access. The Quality Resources area of the ASQ website is designed to raise the visibility of your content. ASQ also offers sample content free of charge to website visitors. Every ASQ magazine and journal offers one online article per issue free of charge. Books offer free PDF sample chapters.
- Author satisfaction. Authors attribute their satisfaction with the ASQ publishing process to the individual attention and support they receive. Authors can receive assistance throughout the writing process from editorial staff.
- Giving back to the association. When you publish with ASQ you are contributing to the profession and adding value for your fellow members.
- Variety of formats and venues. A variety of different publishing options means that you can find the right opportunity and audience for your content. Choose the venue that’s right for you.