Process Management Resources
A team at Alcoa Power and Propulsion sought to improve product quality, reduce waste and inefficiency, and cut costs. In this case study, the team developed and implemented a structured process management approach across the business unit.
In a webcast available open access from the Six Sigma Forum, learn what business process management (BPM) is, how it links to your existing continuous improvement strategy, and how to deploy it successfully.
Read about three best practices - focus, maturity, and motivation - used by organizations that excel in process management.
This best practices report is available as an ASQ member benefit and includes in-depth case studies on Energias de Portugal, Hospira Inc., Lincoln Trust Co., Northrop Grumman Corp., and more.
Jean Harvey introduces business management and business process outsourcing, discussing some of the challenges, risks, and opportunities.
- The Certified Quality Process Analyst Handbook
- The ASQ Pocket Guide to Root Cause Analysis
- What is BPM?
- Complex Service Delivery Processes (e-book)
- Process Management in Education (e-book)
- Root Cause Analysis: Simplified Tools and Techniques, Second Edition
- Root Cause Analysis: The Core of Problem Solving and Corrective Action
- "Thinking Lean: BPM, Lean and Six Sigma–All Together Now" (members only), SSFM, November 2015
- "Better Together," QP, March 2015
- "Myths Understanding" (members only), SSFM, November 2014
- "General Motors Technical Problem-Solving Group Drives Excellence," case study, November 2012
- "Team Advantage," QP, May 2012
- "Antecedents of Project Success: The Perception of Vendor Employees," QMJ, July 2011
- "Best Practices in Business Process Management: Assign Process Roles and Responsibilities" (members only), APQC, April 2010
- "Beyond PDCA--A New Process Management Model," (members only), QP, July 2006