Culture of Quality Resources
In this final installment of a three-part series, author Robin Lawton shares the importance of developing a formal quality policy, a common language, and leader behaviors as deployment mechanisms. Also read Part 1 and Part 2.
In this ASQ TV episode learn from change management experts as they discuss key steps to consider when approaching employees with change and helping them through the process.
Luciana Paulese, ASQ Influential Voice, blogs about the challenges of facing cultural barriers. Read this View From the Q post.
In this webcast from the Journal for Quality and Participation, Diana Rivenburgh, author of the best-selling book The New Corporate Facts of Life, shares the steps to creating an ethical, vibrant, collaborative culture that fosters high performance profitability.
In this Webinar from the Customer-Supplier Division, Jenn Callaway of CEB Quality discusses research findings on how leading organizations enable employees to "live" quality, rather than simply follow it.
Steve Gerhardt, a quality practitioner with 30+ years of experience in manufacturing and process improvement, shares how he led the transformation of Ford's Asia Pacific and Africa Operations into a culture of quality.
- Establishing a Culture of Patient Safety
- The Executive Guide to Understanding and Implementing Employee Engagement Programs
- Journey to Excellence
- A Culture of Rapid Improvement
- "Does Your Organizational Culture Support Your Business Strategy?," JQP, January 2015
- "Satisfaction Not Guaranteed?" QP, December 2014
- "Collective Knowledge--A Gift from Teams" (subscribers only), Journal for Quality and Participation, October 2014
- "Clues About Culture," QP, August 2014
- "Quality vs. Safety," QP, September 2013
- "Six Sigma -- A Strategy for Increasing Employee Engagement," Journal for Quality and Participation, July 2013
- "In the Spotlight" (members only), QP, June 2012
- "Fear of Commitment" (members only), Six Sigma Forum Magazine, May 2012
- "Workforce Deviance and the Business Case for Employee Engagement," Journal for Quality and Participation, July 2011
Case Studies and Benchmarking
- "Indian 5-Star Hotel Front-Line Staff Find Happiness, Empowerment in Solving Attrition Problem"
- "Doctors, Nurses Overcome Workplace Hierarchies to Improve Patient Experience," Banner Health
- The Corning Journey to Performance Excellence
- "Critical Success Factors Lead to Second Baldrige Award," North Mississippi Health Services
- "Department of Defense Tools Help Hospital Foster a Culture of Patient Safety," Abington Memorial Hospital
- "Decade of Distinction," Telefónica Group (members only)
- "A Lean Transformation," Sacred Heart Hospital
- Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Quality, benchmarking report (members only)
- "Building a Culture of Quality," Southern California Edison
- The Global State of Quality Research: Discoveries 2013