This standard is a very minor revision of ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 (R2008), also referred to as ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008.
It is an acceptance sampling system to be used with switchingrules on a continuing stream of lots for AQL specified. It provides tightened, normal, and reduced plans to be applied for attributes inspection for percent nonconforming or nonconformities per 100 units.
Table III – A Double Sampling Plans for Normal Inspection (Master table)
- In the title Acceptance Quality Limit, changed the word “reduced” to “normal” inspection.
- In column 4.0 for 1250-1999, changed Acceptance Quality Limits from 49 to 40.
- In column 1.5 for 95.0, changed 0639 to 0.639
- In column 1.0 for 50.0, changed 33.3 to 3.33
- In column 0.040, changed Use Code Letter from N to M
- In the first X column, changed Use Code Letter from R to Q
- In column 0.065, changed Use Code Letter from Q to P