ASQ/ANSI G1:2021 Guidelines for Evaluating the Quality of Government Operations and Services
- Best Practices in Government
- Evaluation Guidelines
- Government Operations
- Government Processes
- Quality Systems
ASQ/ANSI G1:2021 standard promotes the achievement of overall organizational objectives through the definition of all important organizational workflows, and the documentation of these best-known management practices for each key workflow through system and process modeling.
This evaluation standard provides a framework for government entities to achieve success through continual improvement of the key drivers of that success, by using acknowledged successful practices of lean and quality improvement. Specifically, the goals of the standard are:
1) to make the presence of quality in government measurable and tangible in every office, branch, and unit.
2) to promote alignment to the required and desired objectives of each organization.
3) to advance effective management through systems thinking and process standardization.
4) to enable uniform assessment across all types of government, and at all levels.
5) to incentivize those accountable for organizational outcomes to use and monitor quality management practice.