- ISO 9000:2015
- fundamentals and vocabulary
This standard provides the fundamental concepts, principles and vocabulary for quality management systems (QMS) and provides the foundation for other QMS standards. This International Standard is intended to help the user to understand the fundamental concepts, principles and vocabulary of quality management, in order to be able to effectively and efficiently implement a QMS and realize value from other QMS standards.
This standard describes the fundamental concepts and principles of quality management which are universally applicable to the following:
- organizations seeking sustained success through the implementation of a quality management system;
- customers seeking confidence in an organization’s ability to consistently provide products and services conforming to their requirements;
- organizations seeking confidence in their supply chain that product and service requirements will be met;
- organizations and interested parties seeking to improve communication through a common understanding of the vocabulary used in quality management;
- organizations performing conformity assessments against the requirements of ISO 9001;
- providers of training, assessment or advice in quality management;
- developers of related standards.
This standard specifies the terms and definitions that apply to all quality management and quality management system standards developed by ISO/TC 176.
Also available in a print version.
ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9000:2015, ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9001:2015, and ASQ/ANSI/ISO 14001:2015 are available together in a bundle.