- quality manager
- certified manager of quality/organizational excellence (CMQ/OE)
- ASQ certification
In order to provide a broad perspective of quality management, this book has specifically been written to address:
- Historical perspectives relating to the evolution of particular aspects of quality management, including recognized experts and their contributions
- Key principles, concepts, and terminology relevant in providing quality leadership, and communicating quality needs and results
- Benefits associated with the application of key concepts and quality management principles
- Best practices describing recognized approaches for good quality management
- Barriers to success, including common problems that the quality manager might experience when designing and implementing quality management, and insights as to why some quality initiatives fail
- Guidance for preparation to take the CMQ/OE examination.
Organized to follow the BoK exactly, throughout each section of this handbook the categorical BoK requirements associated with good quality management practices for that section are shown in a box preceding the pertinent text. These BoK requirements represent the range of content and the cognitive level to which multiple-choice questions can be presented.
Although this handbook thoroughly prepares individuals for the ASQ CMQ/OE exam, the real value resides in post-exam usage as a day-to-day reference source for assessing quality applications and methodologies in daily processes. The content is written from the perspective of practitioners, and its relevance extends beyond traditional product quality applications.