These references support the topic areas in the CQE Body of Knowledge. They are used to write and review the questions in the test question pool. To determine which references you need, review the CQE Body of Knowledge. Determine which topic areas you need to study further. Then review this reference list to identify those that support your needs.
Note: ASQ Certification Board does not endorse any one particular reference source.
- ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003, Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQ Quality Press.
- ANSI/ASQC Z1.9-2003, Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Variables for Percent Nonconforming, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQC.
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9000: 2000 Series, Quality Standards, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQ.
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ(E) Q9001-2015, Quality Management Systems - Requirements, ASQ Quality Press.
- ASQ Code of Ethics
- Bossert, James L., Supplier Management Handbook, Sixth Edition, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQ Quality Press, 2004.
- Box, George E.P., J Stuart Hunter, and William G Hunter. Statistics for Experimenters: Design, Innovation, and Discovery, Second Edition, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Interscience, 2005.
- Brassard, Michael, and Diane Ritter, The Memory Jogger 2, ed. 2, Goal/QPC, 2010. ISB 978-1-57681-113-9.
- Burke, Sarah, and Rachel Silvestrini, The Certified Quality Engineer Handbook, 4th ed., Milwaukee, WI, ASQ Quality Press, 2017.
- Campanella, Jack, ed., Principles of Quality Costs: Principles, Implementation, and Use, 3rd ed., ASQ Quality Costs Committee, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 1999
- De Feo, Joesph A., Juran's Quality Handbook, 7th ed., New York, McGraw-Hill, 2016.
- Dovich, Robert A., Quality Engineering Statistics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQC Quality Press, 1992.
- Dovich, Robert A., Reliability Statistics, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQC Quality Press, 1990.
- Draper, Norman R., and Harry Smith, Applied Regression Analysis, Third Edition, New York: Wiley Interscience, 1998. ISBN 0471170828.
- Durivage, Mark Allen, The Certified Reliability Engineer Handbook, 3rd ed., ASQ Quality Press. 2017.
- Farnum, Nicholas, Modern Statistical Quality Control and Improvement, Belmont, CA: Duxbury Press, 1993. ISBN 0534203043.
- Grant, Eugene L., and Richard S. Leavenworth, Statistical Quality Control, Seventh Edition, New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 1996.
- Griffith, Gary K., The Quality Technician’s Handbook, 6th ed., New Jersey: Pearson, 2012. ISB 0132621282.
- Gryna, Frank M., Richard C.H. Chua, and Joseph A. Defeo, Juran's Quality Planning and Analysis for Enterprise Quality, 5th ed., New York: McGraw-Hill, 2007. P1237
- Montgomery, Douglas C., Design and Analysis of Experiments, 7th Edition, New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2009.
- Montgomery, Douglas C., Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, 5th ed., New York: John Wiley and Sons, 2004.
- O’Connor, Patrick D.T., Practical Reliability Engineering, 5th ed., New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2012.
- Pyzdek, Thomas, Quality Engineering Handbook, 2nd ed., New York: Marcel Dekker, 2003.
- Scholtes, Peter R., The Team Handbook, Third Edition, Oreil Inc., 2003.
- Tague, Nancy R., The Quality Toolbox, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQC Quality Press, 1995.
ASQ books are available from ASQ Quality Press.