Refunds, Rescheduling, Cancellations, Late Registration Fee, and Absences
What are the policies regarding refunds, rescheduling, cancellations, late registration fee, and absences?
Computer Based Testing
- Refunds: If your application is not approved, you will obtain a partial refund. The $70.00 processing fee is not refundable.
- Appointment Reschedule/Cancellation: If you wish to change your exam appointment date or time, you must do so at least 5 days prior to your appointment using the Reschedule/Cancel option on Prometric' s website, or by contacting Prometric's automated voice response system at 800-369-5949 (in North America) or Prometric's Regional Registration Center (outside North America); the website is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a $70 fee for changing an appointment. No change may be made within 5 days of your appointment without forfeiting the test fee and needing to re-register and repay the test fee.
- Requests for Refund: If you have cancelled your exam appointment with Prometric (or if you have not scheduled your exam appointment) and wish to receive a refund on your exam application fees, you must contact the ASQ Certification Department at email@example.com* Requests for a refund must be received prior to the end of your exam eligibility period. Requests received after this date will not be accepted. To apply for a future exam after cancelling and receiving a refund, you must submit a new application and pay full costs.
- Absence: Failure to notify Prometric or ASQ at least five days before your exam appointment and failure to meet a scheduled examination appointment will result in a no-show status. If you reach a no-show status, you will forfeit the exam fee and have to pay the full reexamination fee in order to schedule another examination..
*Please be aware a $70 processing fee will not be refunded to candidates who did not schedule an exam appointment with Prometric.
Paper and Pencil Exams
- Refunds: If your application is not approved, you will obtain a partial refund. The $70.00 processing fee is not refundable. Once the exam has been held, or you have taken the examination, no refunds will be granted
- Reschedule: You are allowed only one opportunity to reschedule your initial exam application or retake. The fee to request rescheduling is $70.00 and is not refundable. You may reschedule to an exam date up to one year after the originally scheduled date. Reschedule requests must be made by either phone, fax, or e-mail five business days prior to the exam. If you do not take the exam on your rescheduled date, you will forfeit all fees and must reapply.
- Cancellation: You must submit your request to cancel your exam to ASQ Headquarters. Cancellation requests must be postmarked, faxed, telephoned or e-mailed to ASQ no later than five business days prior to the exam. If you have not used your one-time opportunity to reschedule, you will receive a refund minus a $70 nonrefundable processing charge.
- Absence: Notification to reschedule or cancel must be postmarked, faxed, telephoned, or e-mailed to ASQ no later than five business days prior to the exam or you will forfeit all fees and need to reapply.
- Late Registration Fee: Your application must be postmarked, faxed, or e-mailed by the extended application deadline. Applications sent after the extended deadline will automatically incur an additional, non-refundable, $70 late registration fee. Applications received after the late application deadline will automatically be processed for the next examination date.