Refunds, Rescheduling, Cancellations, Late Registration Fee, and Absences
What are the policies regarding refunds, rescheduling, cancellations, late registration fee, and absences?
Computer Based Testing (CBT)
- Refunds: If your application is not approved, you will obtain a partial refund. The $100 processing fee is not refundable.
- Appointment Reschedule/Cancellation: If you wish to change your exam appointment date or time, you must do so at least five days prior to your appointment using the Reschedule/Cancel option on Prometric' s website, or by contacting Prometric's automated voice response system at 800-369-5949 (in North America) or Prometric's Regional Registration Center (outside North America); the website is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Due to limited seating availability at Prometric Testing Centers, there is a $100 fee for changing an appointment. No change may be made within five days of your appointment without forfeiting the test fee and needing to reregister and repay the test fee.
- Requests for Refund: If you have cancelled your exam appointment with Prometric (or if you have not scheduled your exam appointment) and wish to receive a refund on your exam application fees, you must contact the ASQE Certification Department at firstname.lastname@example.org* Requests for a refund must be received at least five days prior to the start of your exam window. Requests received after this date will not be accepted. To apply for a future exam after cancelling and receiving a refund, you must submit a new application and pay full costs.
- Note: *Please be aware a $100 processing fee will not be refunded to candidates who did not schedule an exam appointment with Prometric.
- Failure to Schedule Exam Appointment: If you do not schedule your exam appointment by the last day of the exam window you selected during the application process, you will forfeit your fees. You will not receive a refund. You will not be able to use the initial fees for anything else. If you still wish to obtain the certification, you will have to reapply and submit all associated fees again. ASQE cannot guarantee seating at the testing centers and recommends that you schedule the exam as soon as you receive your eligibility notification.
- Absence: Failure to notify Prometric or ASQ at least five days before your exam appointment and failure to make a scheduled examination appointment will result in a no-show status. If you reach a no-show status, you will forfeit the exam fee and have to pay the full reexamination fee in order to schedule another examination.
Paper-Based Testing (PBT)
- Refunds: If your application is not approved, you will obtain a partial refund. The $100 processing fee is not refundable. Once the exam has been held, or you have taken the exam, no refunds will be granted
- Reschedule: You are allowed only one opportunity to reschedule your initial exam application or retake. The fee to request rescheduling is $100 and is not refundable. You may reschedule an exam date up to one year after the originally scheduled date. Reschedule requests must be made by phone, or e-mailed five business days prior to the exam. Please note: For candidates testing Paper-Based through Prometric in China reschedule requests must be made at least 45 days prior to the date of the exam. If you do not take the exam on your rescheduled date, you will forfeit all fees and must reapply.
- Cancellation: You must submit your request to cancel your exam to ASQ Headquarters. Cancellation requests must be postmarked, telephoned or emailed to ASQ no later than five business days prior to the exam. Please note: For candidates testing Paper-Based through Prometric in China cancellation must be made at least 45 days prior to the date of the exam. If you have not used your one-time opportunity to reschedule, you will receive a refund minus a $100 nonrefundable processing charge.
- Absence: Notification to reschedule or cancel must be postmarked, telephoned, or emailed to ASQ no later than five business days prior to the exam or you will forfeit all fees and need to reapply. Please note: For candidates testing Paper-Based through Prometric in China notification must be made at least 45 days prior to the date of the exam.
CBT and PBT Cancellation by Employer
- Certification exams paid for by an employer can be cancelled and refunded at the employer's request. Employers seeking refund/cancellation must send a completed cancellation request document to email@example.com. The employer must request a cancellation and agree to a refund minus a $100 processing fee. The document must be signed by an authorized member of the employer's staff. Once received, ASQ will review, and if approved, begin the refund process. Please note that no refunds will be issued within five days of an exam appointment.
CBT and PBT Extenuating Circumstances Policy
If you are unable to adhere to the ASQE cancellation and/or reschedule policy due to an unforeseen circumstance, and you are forced to miss your scheduled exam/appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 days of the missed exam/appointment. You will be asked to provide an explanation along with supporting documentation (e.g., accident report, medical documentation, etc.) if approved by ASQE. These circumstances include:
- Medical emergencies
- Military deployment
- Death in immediate family
- Natural disasters
**Extenuating circumstances do not include work-related situations**
If the requirements above are met and ASQE approves your request, you may choose one of the following two options:
- You will be allowed to reschedule your exam to the window/date of your choice (based on availability) at no charge.
- ASQE will cancel your exam and refund your exam fee. ASQE is not responsible for any cancellation or reschedule fees incurred through Prometric.
If your extenuating circumstance claim is not approved, no refunds or retakes will be allowed, and you will be required to pay the full examination fee to sit for the exam. Failure to notify ASQ within the specified time periods to reschedule or cancel your exam will result in a no-show status. Candidates who have a no-show status forfeit their exam fee and must pay the full examination fee to schedule a future exam.