These references support the topic areas in the CCT Body of Knowledge. They are used to write and review the questions in the test question pool. To determine which references you need, review the CCT Body of Knowledge. Determine which topic areas you need to study further. Then review this reference list to identify those that support your needs.
Note: ASQ Certification Board does not endorse any one particular reference source.
- ANSI/NCSL Z540.3-2006, Requirements for the Calibration of Measuring and Test Equipment.
- ASQ Code of Ethics: https://asq.org/about-asq/code-of-ethics
- BIPM, The International System of Units (SI), 8 ed, 2006.
- Bucher, Jay L., The Metrology Handbook 2 ed, Milwaukee, WI, ASQ Quality Press, 2012.
- Fluke Corp., Calibration: Philosophy in Practice, 2 ed, 1994. ISBN 0963865005
- JCGM 100:2008, Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement (the GUM), 2008.
- JCGM 200:2012, International vocabulary of metrology – Basic and general concepts and associated terms (VIM), 3 ed, 2012.
- ILAC P10:01, ILAC Policy on Traceability of Measurement Results, 2013.
- ISO/IEC 17025-2005, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- ISO/IEC 17025-2017, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.
- Kimothi, S.K., The Uncertainty of Measurements: Physical and Chemical Metrology: Impact and Analysis, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2002.
- Russell, J.P., The ASQ Auditing Handbook, 4th ed.: ASQ Quality Audit Division, Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2013.
- Thompson and Taylor, Barry N., NIST Special Publication 811: Guide for Use of International System of Units (SI), 2008.
NCSL International, Recommended Practices:
- RP-3: Calibration Procedures Requirements (2007).
- RP-7: Laboratory Design (2000).
- RP-14: Guide to Selecting Standards Lab Env. (2005).
- RP-15: Interlaboratory Comparisons (2008).
ASQ books are available from ASQ Quality Press.
JCGM and BIPM references can be found at http://www.bipm.org/en/publications/.
Return to CCT home.