The Richard A. Freund International Scholarship
This scholarship honors the memory of Richard A. Freund, a past president of ASQ. It is for graduate study of the theory and application of quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement, and total quality management. It covers the engineering, statistical, managerial, and behavioral foundations of those fields.
- Annual application deadline is April 1.
- Study may take place in one’s own country or in another country.
- Applicants do not need to be ASQ members
- Applicants should have a GPA of 3.25 or higher (undergraduate and graduate)
- Concentration must be in quality control, quality assurance, quality improvement, total quality management or similar quality emphasis.
A gift of $100,000 has been made to ASQ by Mrs. Richard A. Freund, and ASQ shall administer the annual scholarship. The award is made by July 1 of each year. The approximate amount of the yearly award will be $5,000.
Download the Application PDF (PDF, 78 KB)
Download the application Microsoft Word® (DOC, 150 KB)
*Documentation indicating acceptance of enrollment into an appropriate program is needed. Payment of the scholarship is contingent on actual acceptance.