This training is an introduction to continuous improvement that combines concepts from ASQ’s Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence and Certified Quality Improvement Associate bodies of knowledge with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria.
This course is designed to provide participants with the quality management principles, techniques, tools, and skills for on-the-job applications useful in a wide range of businesses and organizations, including service, manufacturing, government, education, and healthcare. Although not designed as a certification refresher, this course will help seasoned professionals brush up on the key elements of QM.
- CEU Hours: 3.4
- Length: 34 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.4
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Compare and contrast the Baldrige model for business excellence vs. ISO 9001:2008.
- Be able to understand a strategic planning and deployment process for improvement, performing a SWOT analysis and reviewing current models/tools such as balanced scorecard, scenario planning and Hoshin planning/policy.
- Develop aligned goals, long-and short-term objectives and plans, for their functions.
- Understand current practices in customer and market requirement definition, satisfaction/retention, and product and process design, including completing a QFD relationship matrix.
- Know when and how to use fundamental QC and QA elements to control, correct and improve processes and products. Includes the use of a problem solving process and quality tools, control plans and charts, process capability, audits, supplier quality management, documentation, calibration, and measurement quality.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who wants to use QM framework and proven approaches and tools to be more effective on the job.
- Introduction and Basics
- Focusing quality on getting business results
- Management systems (Baldrige and ISO 9001)
- Quality evolution
- QM goals and core values/principles
- Using a learning and action log to increase class value back on the job
- Leadership, Organizational, and HR Issues
- Communicating and learning styles
- Motivational concepts
- Management theories and styles
- Organizational structures
- Team evolution, roles, and making teams effective
- Mager's model for analyzing performance problems
- Training needs analysis, development, delivery, and improvement
- Kirkpatrick's four levels of evaluating training effectiveness
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic planning and deployment model
- Mission, vision, values
- SWOT, gap analysis, and benchmarking
- Long and short-term goals
- Setting and implementing plans
- Current examples - balanced scorecard, policy deployment, scenario planning
- Customer and Market Focus
- Market segmentation and customer knowledge
- Determining and deploying customer needs, including QFD
- Customer survey feedback process
- Methods to depict survey results graphically
- Customer relationship enhancement
- Information and Analysis
- Managing by facts - the foundations
- Assuring the reliability of measures
- Statistical thinking
- Process control with control charts and determining the capability of a process to meet specifications
- Analysis of data
- Process Management
- Maintaining the current state
- World class improvement process
- Supplier quality management
- Project management
- Getting improved results
Detailed Course Description
Learn quality management (QM) concepts and tools you can immediately apply on the job to improve your organization. This course provides comprehensive review and working knowledge of key elements represented by ASQ’s Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence and Certified Quality Improvement Associate bodies of knowledge and the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award performance excellence criteria.
This course is taught using adult learning principles including discovery learning techniques and a learning and action planning log to maximize content retention and usage.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|February 11, 2019 - February 15, 2019||Orlando ILT0264||FL||US||TBD||English||List: $2099 Member: $1899|
|June 17, 2019 - June 21, 2019||Atlanta ILT0237||GA||US||David Jones||English||List: $2099 Member: $1899|
|November 18, 2019 - November 22, 2019||Cincinnati ILT0315||OH||US||TBD||English||List: $2099 Member: $1899|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session