This course teaches Quality Engineering concepts and tools. You’ll learn essential information about quality systems, auditing, product and process control and design, quality methods and tools, applied statistics, SPC, and Design of Experiments.
Participants will learn about Quality Engineering concepts and tools such as quality systems, auditing, product and process control and design, quality methods and tools, applied statistics, SPC, and Design of Experiments (DOE). Enhance your engineering expertise and your effectiveness as a Quality Engineer with this comprehensive introduction to key quality engineering concepts and tools critical to success in the field of Quality Engineering today. Please note that, while this course addresses many areas of the body of knowledge for the Certified Quality Engineer examination, it is not designed either as an exam refresher or as a preparatory course for the exam.
- CEU Hours: 3.4
- Length: 34 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.4
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand basic quality management principles.
- Understand the relationship of the quality engineer to the quality system.
- Analyze the relationship of statistics to a process.
- Understand process capability and use statistical process control to monitor a process.
- Generate acceptance sampling plans and identify and use technical quality tools.
- Incorporate quality technology in design, customer-supplier relationships, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM), materials control, measurement, auditing, quality costs and document control within a quality system.
- Apply problem-solving tools and basic statistical concepts, process control and process capability plans, acceptance sampling, and attribute controls.
Prerequisites:None for this course.
Who Should Attend:Engineers, quality control personnel, inspectors, testing personnel, or those interested in the quality engineering profession.
- Course Overview/Introductions (1 hour)
- Overview of Management and Leadership Principles (5 hours)
- Quality Philosophies and Foundations
- The Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strategic planning
- Deployment techniques
- Quality information system (QIS)
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
- The Quality System (3 hours)
- Elements of the Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Types of audits
- Roles and responsibilities in audits
- Audit planning and implementation
- Audit reporting and follow up
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
- Product and Process Design (3 hours)
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability and maintainability indices
- Bathtub curve (15 minutes)
- Reliability / Safety / Hazard Assessment Tools
- Product and Process Control (5 hours)
- Material Control
- Material identification, status, and traceability
- Material segregation
- Classification of defects
- Material review board (MRB)
- Acceptance Sampling
- Sampling concepts
- Sampling standards and plans; sampling integrity
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and Metrology
- Continuous Improvement (4 hours)
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
- Quantitative Methods and Tools (10 hours)
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical methods for depicting relationships
- Graphical methods for depicting distributions
- Quantitative Concepts: Terminology
- Probability Distributions
- Continuous distributions
- Discrete distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Point estimates and confidence intervals
- Hypothesis testing
- Paired-comparison tests
- Goodness-of-fit tests
- Contingency tables
- Relationships Between Variables
- Linear regression
- Simple linear correlation
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Objectives and benefits
- Common and special causes
- Selection of variable
- Rational subgrouping
- Control charts
- Control chart analysis
- Short-run SPC
- Process and Performance Capability
- Process capability studies
- Process performance vs. specifications
- Process capability indices
- Process performance indices
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Planning and organizing experiments
- One-factor experiments
- Full-factorial experiments
- Two-level fractional factorial experiments
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Course Summary; Concluding Activities (1 hour)
This is an instructor-led, face-to-face course with 32 hours of content. It is taught over the course of 4 ½ days. It is worth 3.2 CEU’s or ASQ RU’s.
The student manual and course textbook, Juran’s Quality Handbook: The Complete Guide to Performance Excellence, 6/e, is included with paid course registration. Materials will be delivered onsite.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|March 23, 2020 - March 27, 2020||Memphis ILT0422||TN||US||Transformation Technologies||English||Early Bird Ends February 16, 2020 List: $2099 Member: $1899 Regular List: $2419 Member: $2189|
|June 15, 2020 - June 19, 2020||Charleston ILT0511||SC||US||Transformation Technologies||English||Early Bird Ends May 10, 2020 List: $2099 Member: $1899 Regular List: $2419 Member: $2189|
|October 19, 2020 - October 23, 2020||Austin ILT0519||TX||US||Transformation Technologies||English||Early Bird Ends September 13, 2020 List: $2099 Member: $1899 Regular List: $2419 Member: $2189|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session