Learn how to effectively select suppliers for maximum organizational benefit.
This curriculum is designed for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
The course introduces you to foundational supplier management concepts and principles and teaches you how to design and implement a supplier management program.
To ensure a robust, engaging learning experience, this course leverage case studies, individual and group activities, hands-on exercises, and knowledge checks to help you transform the conceptual into the practical.This course is also available as part of a curriculum. The Supplier Quality Professional: An Introduction curriculum includes three separate, interrelated courses: Introduction to Supplier Management, Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance, and Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management. Save when you register for the curriculum and get all three courses in one!
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Define a supplier management program and why it is important
- Assess the status of your organization’s existing supplier management program
- Build a supplier management toolkit including a supplier rating system, supplier surveys and audits, supplier process evaluation, supplier certification, ship-to-stock programs
- Assess and evaluate your current supply base to determine suitability to your organization’s needs
- Improve your existing supplier base using effective communication strategies and the proper corrective actions
- Assess and select new suppliers and properly onboard them leveraging agreements, contracts, and purchase orders
- Certify a supplier
Who Should Attend:The ISQP curriculum is an excellent tool for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
- Supplier Management Programs—An Overview
- Assessing Your Supplier Management Program
- Building a Supplier Management Toolkit
- Taking Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Base
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Base
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Certifying a Supplier
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|November 15, 2021 - November 16, 2021 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR0838||Daniella (Dani) Picciotti CMQ/OE, CQE, CSQP||English||List: $799 Member: $699|
Attendance to all virtual sessions are required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Times: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (Central Time Zone)
(virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
Schedule: (2 days)
November 15-16, 2021
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!