Learn how to effectively select, audit, and manage suppliers for maximum organizational benefit.
This curriculum is designed for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management. The curriculum is comprised of three separate, interrelated courses:
- Introduction to Supplier Management: Introduces you to foundational supplier management concepts and principles and teaches you how to design and implement a supplier management program
- Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance: Emphasizes the importance of auditing suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and shows you how to develop an effective supplier auditing system
- Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management: Describes quality and engineering tools you can use to manage suppliers across all seven phases of the supplier management process; Risk Management, Selection, Part Qualification, Evaluation—Problem Identification, Development and Improvement, Performance Monitoring, Supplier Re-evaluation
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 40 Hours
- ASQ RU: 4
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Define a supplier management program and why it is important
- Assess the status of your organization’s existing supplier management program
- Build a supplier management toolkit including a supplier rating system, supplier surveys and audits, supplier process evaluation, supplier certification, ship-to-stock programs
- Assess and evaluate your current supply base to determine suitability to your organization’s needs
- Improve your existing supplier base using effective communication strategies and the proper corrective actions
- Assess and select new suppliers and properly onboard them leveraging agreements, contracts, and purchase orders
- Certify a supplier
Who Should Attend:The ISQP curriculum is an excellent tool for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
Introduction to Supplier Management
- Supplier Management Programs—An Overview
- Assessing Your Supplier Management Program
- Building a Supplier Management Toolkit
- Taking Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Base
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Base
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Certifying a Supplier
Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance
- Supplier Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance: Overview
- Prepare to Audit a Supplier
- Perform a Supplier Audit
- Review the Results of a Supplier Audit and Taking Action
- Opportunities for Improved Supplier Performance
Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management
- Supplier Management Tools—An Overview
- Risk Management Tools
- Supplier Selection Tools
- Part Qualification Tools
- Supplier Evaluation—Problem Identification
- Supplier Development and Improvement
- Supplier Performance Monitoring Tools
- Supplier Re-evaluation
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|November 27, 2023 - December 01, 2023 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR1160||Daniella (Dani) Picciotti CMQ/OE, CQE, CSQP||English||Early Bird Ends October 28, 2023 List: $1679.00 Member: $1519.00 Regular List: $2030 Member: $1845|
Attendance to all virtual sessions is required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Monday, November 27 – Friday, December 1, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Central Time Zone).
(Virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence