Many companies do not get the benefit of proper and thorough corrective & preventive action (CAPA, or CA/PA) as staff time, skill, tools and an in-depth understanding of a CAPA system are often lacking internally. Learn how to leverage this key component for improvement in a quality management system to benefit your organization.
Get an in-depth understanding of how to conduct corrective & preventive action (CAPA) in response to non-conforming product or services. Learn about proven methods and approaches for ensuring problems are adequately contained, and then prevented. Cover roles and responsibilities, including supplier responsibilities for defining, acting on, and closing CAPA issues. Learn how to define the problem, assess conditions for root causes, define proper actions to contain and prevent the problem, and then develop a plan to deploy those actions. Common methods, including the 8D approach, are covered and tools for performing incident and root cause analysis, and the use of various CAPA checklists, are provided. Use both case studies and participant situations to apply the methods, tools and checklists during the course. Go away with a thorough understanding of a systematic, tool-based CAPA system.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led face-to-face setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 90 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Learn the vital quality principles that drive proper CAPA.
- Determine when to initiate formal corrective action, and when not to.
- Write clear and actionable problem statements.
- Explore sample CAPA systems and records for best practices, and for potential weaknesses.
- Learn how to use a team approach to CAPA.
- Use various tools to perform process-based root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed actions to contain and prevent the problem.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the participant’s organization that can be acted upon after the course.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for quality managers, production supervisors, account managers, purchasing staff, quality technicians, and owners of a company’s CAPA system.
- Introductions & Goal Setting
- Taking a "quality-in" approach
- Benefits and key principles
- Self-assessment on “quality-in” behaviors
- Key concepts of CAPA
- What is the root cause standard?
- 5 Whys
- Poka Yoke
- Selecting proper root cause countermeasures
- Getting buy-in from others for CAPA discipline
- Using the 8D and 3D approaches to CAPA
- Main steps of 8D and 3D
- Checklists for key stages
- When to close an open CAPA
- Tips and recommendations for success
- Case studies
- Participant situations
The instructor-led, virtual format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|March 20, 2023 - March 21, 2023 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR1059||Rama Shankar CMBB, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends February 18, 2023 List: $899.00 Member: $799.00 Regular List: $1089 Member: $989|
Attendance to all virtual sessions is required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Central Time Zone).
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence