Many companies do not get the benefit of proper and thorough corrective & preventive action (CA/PA) as staff time, skill, tools and an in-depth understanding of a CA/PA system are often lacking internally. Learn how to leverage this key component for improvement in a quality management system to benefit your organization.
Get an in-depth understanding of how to conduct corrective & preventive action (CA/PA) in response to non-conforming product or services. Learn about proven methods and approaches for ensuring problems are adequately contained, and then prevented. Cover roles and responsibilities, including supplier responsibilities for defining, acting on, and closing CA/PA issues. Learn how to define the problem, assess conditions for root causes, define proper actions to contain and prevent the problem, and then develop a plan to deploy those actions. Common methods, including the 8D approach, are covered and tools for performing incident and root cause analysis, and the use of various CA/PA checklists, are provided. Use both case studies and participant situations to apply the methods, tools and checklists during the course. Go away with a thorough understanding of a systematic, tool-based CA/PA system.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Learn the vital quality principles that drive proper CA/PA.
- Determine when to initiate formal corrective action, and when not to.
- Write clear and actionable problem statements.
- Explore sample CA/PA systems and records for best practices, and for potential weaknesses.
- Learn how to use a team approach to CA/PA.
- Use various tools to perform process-based root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed actions to contain and prevent the problem.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the participant’s organization that can be acted upon after the course.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for quality managers, production supervisors, account managers, purchasing staff, quality technicians, and owners of a company’s CA/PA system.
- Introductions & Goal Setting
- Taking a "quality-in" approach
- Benefits and key principles
- Self-assessment on “quality-in” behaviors
- Key concepts of CA/PA
- What is the root cause standard?
- 5 Whys
- Poka Yoke
- Selecting proper root cause countermeasures
- Getting buy-in from others for CA/PA discipline
- Using the 8D and 3D approaches to CA/PA
- Main steps of 8D and 3D
- Checklists for key stages
- When to close an open CA/PA
- Tips and recommendations for success
- Case studies
- Participant situations
This is a virtual or traditional classroom course.
Attendees will receive a PDF copy of the course content upon logging into the live session.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
|June 27, 2019 - June 28, 2019 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM CST||VIR0351||Timothy King CMQ/OE, CQA, CQI||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
|September 11, 2019 - September 12, 2019 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM CST||VIR0361||Rama Shankar CMBB, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
|December 04, 2019 - December 05, 2019 09:00 AM - 01:00 PM CST||VIR0362||Rama Shankar CMBB, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session