Many companies do not get the benefit of proper and thorough corrective & preventive action (CA/PA) as staff time, skill, tools and an in-depth understanding of a CA/PA system are often lacking internally. Learn how to leverage this key component for improvement in a quality management system to benefit your organization.
Get an in-depth understanding of how to conduct corrective & preventive action (CA/PA) in response to non-conforming product or services. Learn about proven methods and approaches for ensuring problems are adequately contained, and then prevented. Cover roles and responsibilities, including supplier responsibilities for defining, acting on, and closing CA/PA issues. Learn how to define the problem, assess conditions for root causes, define proper actions to contain and prevent the problem, and then develop a plan to deploy those actions. Common methods, including the 8D approach, are covered and tools for performing incident and root cause analysis, and the use of various CA/PA checklists, are provided. Use both case studies and participant situations to apply the methods, tools and checklists during the course. Go away with a thorough understanding of a systematic, tool-based CA/PA system.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Learn the vital quality principles that drive proper CA/PA.
- Determine when to initiate formal corrective action, and when not to.
- Write clear and actionable problem statements.
- Explore sample CA/PA systems and records for best practices, and for potential weaknesses.
- Learn how to use a team approach to CA/PA.
- Use various tools to perform process-based root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed actions to contain and prevent the problem.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the participant’s organization that can be acted upon after the course.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for quality managers, production supervisors, account managers, purchasing staff, quality technicians, and owners of a company’s CA/PA system.
- Introductions & Goal Setting
- Taking a "quality-in" approach
- Benefits and key principles
- Self-assessment on “quality-in” behaviors
- Key concepts of CA/PA
- What is the root cause standard?
- 5 Whys
- Poka Yoke
- Selecting proper root cause countermeasures
- Getting buy-in from others for CA/PA discipline
- Using the 8D and 3D approaches to CA/PA
- Main steps of 8D and 3D
- Checklists for key stages
- When to close an open CA/PA
- Tips and recommendations for success
- Case studies
- Participant situations
This is a virtual or traditional classroom course.
Attendees will receive a PDF copy of the course content upon logging into the live session.
Who Should Attend
This is a terrific guide for anyone involved in a corrective-action process. This material can be utilized by quality managers, ISO 9000 management representatives, production supervisors, production group leaders, customer service managers and quality technicians.
- Comprehend the distinction between corrective action and related processes.
- Write a clear and productive request for corrective action.
- Identify stakeholders and participants in process.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed and responsible action plans.
- Determine appropriate metrics to verify effectiveness of action.
- Link corrective action back to management review.
- How to write a clear, complete and productive corrective action request
- Performing root cause analysis (includes exercise).
- Developing a thorough plan: what to consider what to include (includes exercise).
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|11/13/2017 - 11/13/2017||San Francisco 9848ILT||CA||US||Timothy King CMQ/OE, CQA, CQI||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
|04/29/2018 - 04/29/2018||Seattle ILT0099||WA||US||TBD||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
|07/18/2018 - 07/18/2018||Denver ILT0161||CO||US||TBD||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session