Many companies do not get the benefit of proper and thorough corrective & preventive action (CAPA, or CA/PA) as staff time, skill, tools and an in-depth understanding of a CAPA system are often lacking internally. Learn how to leverage this key component for improvement in a quality management system to benefit your organization.
Get an in-depth understanding of how to conduct corrective & preventive action (CAPA) in response to non-conforming product or services. Learn about proven methods and approaches for ensuring problems are adequately contained, and then prevented. Cover roles and responsibilities, including supplier responsibilities for defining, acting on, and closing CAPA issues. Learn how to define the problem, assess conditions for root causes, define proper actions to contain and prevent the problem, and then develop a plan to deploy those actions. Common methods, including the 8D approach, are covered and tools for performing incident and root cause analysis, and the use of various CAPA checklists, are provided. Use both case studies and participant situations to apply the methods, tools and checklists during the course. Go away with a thorough understanding of a systematic, tool-based CAPA system.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Provider: ASQ
- Learn the vital quality principles that drive proper CAPA.
- Determine when to initiate formal corrective action, and when not to.
- Write clear and actionable problem statements.
- Explore sample CAPA systems and records for best practices, and for potential weaknesses.
- Learn how to use a team approach to CAPA.
- Use various tools to perform process-based root cause analysis.
- Develop detailed actions to contain and prevent the problem.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the participant’s organization that can be acted upon after the course.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for quality managers, production supervisors, account managers, purchasing staff, quality technicians, and owners of a company’s CAPA system.
- Introductions & Goal Setting
- Taking a "quality-in" approach
- Benefits and key principles
- Self-assessment on “quality-in” behaviors
- Key concepts of CAPA
- What is the root cause standard?
- 5 Whys
- Poka Yoke
- Selecting proper root cause countermeasures
- Getting buy-in from others for CAPA discipline
- Using the 8D and 3D approaches to CAPA
- Main steps of 8D and 3D
- Checklists for key stages
- When to close an open CAPA
- Tips and recommendations for success
- Case studies
- Participant situations
This is a virtual or traditional classroom course.
Digital course content is included in the purchase price of the course.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence