Auditing can immediately improve your business operations. Learn to evaluate and enhance your management systems so you can improve quality, safety, environment and security within your organization. Leave the course with an audit report to use on your job.
Make any organization better through the power of the audit. Step by step, evaluate and improve any internal or supplier management system in the areas of quality, safety, environment, and security. Gain deeper process understanding, learn how to strengthen two-way communications, and build partnerships based on trust. Work in teams to develop and use practical planning tools in a safe and fun classroom environment. Create an audit report for use on the job to make the system changes necessary to improve business operations.Learn more from auditing expert and ASQ Fellow Dennis Arter in the-how-and-why-of-auditing video.
- CEU Hours: 1.4
- Length: 13 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.4
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Apply the nine steps of preparation to develop a deep understanding of processes and requirements.
- Gather data in a way that represents actual work flow.
- Analyze audit data to show system weaknesses and resulting effects on operations.
- Promote and use the audit as an improvement, not punitive, tool.
- Work successfully in sector-specific classroom teams.
Prerequisites:This is a basic course and assumes no prior audit knowledge or experience. Participants may wish to bring a one-page flowchart of their own company operations to share with others.
Who Should Attend:Attendees for this course should include the following: quality, safety, and environmental managers; professional and technical staff members, including buyers and engineers; process improvement project leaders; and those interested in preparing for ASQ auditor certification.
- Audit defined
- Audit program management
- Preparation phase
- Audit criteria
- Audit plan
- Evaluate documents
- Performance phase
- Opening meeting
- Interview methods
- Team meetings
- Daily briefings
- Audit by the students
- Data analysis
- Workshop on finding
- Formal report
- Exit meeting
- No recommendations
- Written report
- Closure phase
- Corrective action
- Response evaluation
- Audit closeout
- Audit records
This is a basic course and assumes no prior audit knowledge or experience. Participants may wish to bring a one–page flowchart of their own company operations to share with others.
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course with multiple small-group workshops.
Participants will receive
- Student workbook with sample forms
- Personal copy of Quality Audits for Improved Performance, Third Ed., Arter, 2003
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|12/04/2017 - 12/05/2017||Saint Petersburg 9864ILT||FL||US||Richard (Dick) A. Gould CMQ/OE, CQA, CQE||English||List: $1499 Member: $1299|
|03/26/2018 - 03/27/2018||Austin ILT0018||TX||US||Denis J. Devos||English||List: $1499 Member: $1299|
|06/14/2018 - 06/15/2018||Oak Brook ILT0035||IL||US||Denis J. Devos||English||List: $1499 Member: $1299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session