Quality tools enable you to accomplish change and manage improvement across your organization. This course teaches concepts like the seven basic quality tools to improve processes and increase your organization’s operational efficiency.
Quality is everyone’s responsibility. Meet organizational needs for quality knowledge and competency through ASQ’s Quality 101. Increase your expertise in the practices and principles of quality improvement, including PDCA, improvement teams, and various quality tools. Quality 101 can be used to prepare for the Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) certification exam.
With a corporate deployment, introduce your workforce to a common understanding and foundation for achieving excellence through the quality assurance, control, and improvement concepts that foster process performance and customer excellence. Adapt the course with organization-specific content to reinforce your own approaches to these quality practices.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- List the benefits of quality to individuals, organizations, customers, suppliers, and society.
- Describe key events in the evolution of quality.
- Identify and describe the key components of total quality management (TQM) and understand how organizations approach TQM deployment.
- Differentiate between the TQM philosophies of six quality experts and two quality approaches: Six Sigma and the Baldrige program.
- Know the role of process management in TQM and the interrelationship of processes and systems.
- Recognize how basic quality tools can be used to help improve processes.
- Define different quality concepts related to quality evolution, TQM, process management, and the basic quality tools.
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality, process leader practitioners, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Quality Concepts
- Terms, concepts and principles
- Quality Plan
- Employee involvement and empowerment
- Systems and processes
- Benefits of quality
- Quality philosophies
- Terms, concepts and principles
- Team basics
- Team organization
- Team purpose
- Types of teams
- Value of teams
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team formations and group dynamics
- Initiating team members
- Selecting team members
- Team stages
- Team conflict
- Team decision making
- Team organization
- Continuous improvement techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Six sigma
- Incremental and breakthrough improvement
- Quality improvement tools
- Customer-supplier relations
- Internal and external customers and suppliers
- Customer satisfaction
- Supplier management
This course is a two-day instructor-led course
A learner manual is provided with the course. A certificate of completion is awarded to those who attend the entire course.
Additional certification preparation materials (Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook, CQIA Exam Question Bank, and more) are available at www.asq.org.
A self-paced online version of this course is available for purchase.
For companies seeking basic quality training to satisfy ISO training requirements, the Quality 101 course is an easy way to train varied audiences. And for those with some background in quality, this course provides an effective skills refresher.
ASQ’s Quality 101 focuses on the following six modules with the first three modules discussing the history and philosophy of quality and the following three modules discussing quality application:
- The Evolution of Quality
- The Benefits of Quality
- Quality Management Systems
- Process management
- Quality Teams & Tools
- Quality Planning & Deployment
This course is a useful tool for those preparing for ASQ’s Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) exam. Content is tied to the CQIA Body of Knowledge. The program also includes an optional printer-friendly version of all the modules. These modules are excellent reference materials that can be taken into the CQIA exam.*
* Certain sections such as exercises with answers, practice questions, etc., are not allowed in the exam hall.
Please note: Partial CEUs cannot be awarded.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1729 Member: $1499|
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence