Find out how SPC can be part of your integrated quality management system. Learn how to use charts that are in compliance with customer and ISO 9000 regulations.
Roll up your sleeves for hands-on practice with SPC tools, including process capability indexes, normal probability distributions, and control charts for variables and attributes.
- CEU Hours: 1.8
- Length: 18 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.8
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand how SPC integrates into the total quality system
- Differentiate data reporting and SPC reporting
- Use charts in ways that are in compliance with customer and ISO 9000 requirements
- Select and use the best-suited control chart
- Establish control chart limits
- Establish rules for out of control occurrences
- Demonstrate an understanding of troubleshooting using SPC
- Recognize how SPC helps determine process capability
- Differentiate the implementation and management issues associated with SPC
Prerequisites:Understanding of Basic Algebra
Who Should Attend:QA managers, quality engineers, manufacturing engineers, technical warranty managers, chemists, quality analysts, CQI coordinators, quality auditors, quality technicians, and SPC coordinators.
- Agenda/ Introductions/Expectations
- SPC Foundations
- Use of data in business management
- What is SPC?
- Common terms
- Principles of SPC Charts
- Standard deviation
- The normal distribution
- Other types of distributions
- Control chart set-up and prerequisites
- Types of Control Charts
- X-Bar and R chart
- X-bar and standard deviation chart
- IX and Moving Range chart
- u- chart
- Short Run Charts
- Process Documentation on SPC Construction and Use
- Automated Methods of Charting and Collecting Data
- How to Interpret Control Charts
- Out-of-control rules
- Specification Limits and SPC Charts
- Estimating Process Capability
|Course Content / Main Topics||% of Time|
|Introduction of SPC||5%|
|Principles of SPC Charts||10%|
|Types of Control Charts||30%|
|Process Documentation on SPC Construction and Use||10%|
|Interpreting Control Charts||20%|
|Automated Methods of Charting and Collecting Data||5%|
|Specification Limits and SPC Charts||5%|
|Estimating Process Capability||15%|
This is a two and a half-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course, including class, individual, and team exercises. The course is worth 1.8 CEUs if completed in full.
The course manual is included in the purchase of the course.
Related bodies of knowledge include Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Manager, Certified Reliability Engineer, Certified Quality Improvement Associate, and Certified Quality Technician. This course is not meant to specifically prepare the learner to take certification exams in any of these stated certifications, but will prepare the student for the SPC component in the BoK, and can be used for recertification credit.
While it is designed for a learner who has an intermediate level of knowledge about the topics, this course is a good refresher for the advanced user and will stretch (though not overwhelm) the beginner.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|02/14/2018 - 02/16/2018||Tampa ILT0063||FL||US||TBD||English||List: $1599 Member: $1399|
|07/16/2018 - 07/18/2018||Denver ILT0157||CO||US||TBD||English||List: $1599 Member: $1399|
|10/17/2018 - 10/19/2018||Cincinnati ILT0150||OH||US||TBD||English||List: $1599 Member: $1399|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session