Learn how quality fundamentals can transform your organization. Review and apply the commonly used quality tools and techniques for problem solving and process improvement.
Build basic quality awareness and competency in your service organization. This essential course sets a foundation on which you can build more advanced quality methods and tools. Increase your knowledge and understanding of how to use quality practices and principles in operations.
- CEU Hours: 0.4
- Length: 4 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.4
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Understand how quality benefits employees, the organization, and customers.
- Explore and apply the concepts of quality management and process control and improvement.
- Review and apply the commonly used quality tools and techniques for problem solving and process improvement.
Who Should Attend:Managers, supervisors, and employees who need to have an awareness of the fundamentals of quality concepts for organizations.
- Course Overview
- Course agenda
- Benefits of Quality
- Benefits of quality: employees, organization, customers
- Activities associated with each group
- Discussion question
- Quality Management & Process Improvement
- Quality management systems & the key components
- Methods for customer feedback
- Activity: Customer feedback
- Engaging employees in quality: employee involvement, team formation
- Continuous process improvement: process capability, Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), measures and targets, PDCA case study
- Discussion question
- Quality Tools
- Why use quality tools?
- Root cause vs. symptoms
- Common quality tools and how they are used: voice of customer, flowchart/process map, Pareto Chart, cause-and-effect diagram, value analysis, SIPOCs, tree diagrams, decision matrix, and more
- Activity: Applying the Quality tools
- Discussion question
- Debrief and Wrap-Up
- Activity: Next steps
The instructor-led, virtual format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
Students of this course will receive an electronic student manual and handouts that will be used during the class.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session