Whether you are just entering the Lean Six Sigma arena or are preparing for the Yellow Belt certification, put your best foot forward with this premier instructor-led training course from ASQ. This informative and engaging 2-day classroom session covers the entire Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge needed for taking the certification exam, as well as lean tools using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt is the first step into Lean Six Sigma training. In this 2 day classroom course you will follow the DMAIC methodology (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) while learning the tools necessary to perform at a Yellow Belt level on a project team. This course is suited to those just entering the Lean Six Sigma arena as well as those preparing for Yellow Belt certification. This course covers the entire Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge to the level of the certification exam.
- CEU Hours: 1.4
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.4
- Audience: Academic; Executive; New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- To understand the Lean Six Sigma tools a Yellow Belt would be expected to use when on a project team.
Who Should Attend:Anyone entering the Lean Six Sigma world as well as those studying to sit for the Yellow Belt certification exam.
- Lean Six Sigma Overview
- Define Phase Tools and Methods
- The DMAIC Team
- Project Types and Selection
- SIPOC Diagrams
- Project Authorization
- Project Management Tools
- Measure Phase Tools and Methods
- Data Collection
- Process Maps
- Basic Statistics
- Gage R&R
- Basic Measurement Systems Evaluation
- Analyze Phase Tools and Methods
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
- Theory of Constraints
- Failure Modes and Effect Analysis
- Improve Phase Tools and Methods
- Eliminating Waste
- Work Balancing
- Visual Management
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Control Phase Tools and Methods
- Standardization & Documentation
- Introduction to SPC/Control Charts
- Mistake (Error) Proofing
- Control Plans
This course is two days and is instructor lead. Materials will be delivered at the course along with the Six Sigma Memory Jogger. No computer is necessary for this class, there will be no software needed. This course is designed to follow the Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge and is suitable for those just starting their journey into Lean Six Sigma as well as those preparing for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification exam.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session