Lean is a tool that helps cut costs and reduces cycle time. In this course, you’ll develop a plan to implement lean across your organization. Employees at every level of a company can apply these strategies to improve workplace performance.
Help your company remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment, where global competition and demands for price reductions heavily impact management decisions. Implement lean to enhance cost and cycle-time reduction, improve customer satisfaction, and standardize high quality. Learn the lean methods you can use to minimize all forms of waste and maximize value for your customers.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 14 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.4
- Audience: Executive, New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the difference between traditional 'push' and the lean 'pull' systems.
- Identify the typical wastes of lean and how those wastes reduce an organization's profits, competitive edge and customer satisfaction.
- Recognize how lean directly addresses the elimination/reduction of operating costs, cycle time and non value-added activities.
- Make better use of employees' time and brainpower in a team environment.
- Develop a plan for starting a Lean journey in your organization.
Who Should Attend:Employees at all levels in all departments can apply these tools and strategies to improve workplace performance. Supervisory or management personnel will especially benefit from this course. For the full commitment and participation in Lean Enterprise, an understanding of lean concepts is important for the CEO, president, vice presidents, functional managers, or other senior management, including quality and process improvement leaders.
- Day 1
- Introduction to lean principles and concepts
- The typical “wastes” of lean
- “The House of Lean” and introduction to tools and techniques
- Change management and teams (the human side of lean)
- Value stream mapping
- Visual controls and 5S workplace organization and standardization
- Streamlined layout
- Standard work
- Batch size reduction
- Quick changeover
- Day 2
- Poka-yoke, self-inspection, and auto-nomation
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Pull system and Kanban
- Cellular and flow
- Continuous improvement and Kaizen blitz
- How to start and sustain your lean journey
- Implementing lean efforts
- Lean enterprise vs. lean manufacturing
- Lean metrics
- Six Sigma and lean
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1609 Member: $1499|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!