Learn how to integrate quality management into your organization’s processes. You’ll leave this course with a draft action plan customized to fit the needs of your business. These concepts are applicable to a wide range of industries including manufacturing, service, education, and healthcare.
Quality management just makes sense. You need to know how to make it a part of your organization. In this course, you'll review advanced quality management principles, best practice techniques, tools, and skills. You'll find these concepts useful in a wide range of businesses and organizations including manufacturing, service, government, education, and healthcare. The course uses adult learning principles including Discovery Learning techniques, small group work, self assessments, articles, and mini-case study reviews. You will create a list of key areas for improvement and develop a draft action plan that you can finalize back on the job.This two-day virtual course provides you with a comprehensive review and working knowledge of key concepts and practices included in the following:ASQ's Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence Body of Knowledge ASQ's Certified Quality Improvement Associate Body of Knowledge The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Performance Excellence Criteria
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 1.4
- Length: 14 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.4
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Apply QM concepts and practices to create workplace value
- Utilize a course overview roadmap to understand the integration of each module and the “big picture”
- Make use of the ASQ Futures Study to see and understand the impact of change on their business and the changing roles of quality professionals
- Compare and contrast the use of business excellence models and standards as a key management tool; understand the goals of quality management that support business excellence
- Apply the best practices in culture, leadership, and change management to assure adequate consideration is given to key human factors needed to achieve technical solutions
- Be able to understand the evolution of business metrics and today’s use of metrics to align with and deploy business strategy
- Familiarize themselves with the framework of a Balanced Scorecard, and use the Baldrige Criteria and the BSC Hall of Fame criteria to critique their organization’s process.
- Recognize elements of best practice customer listening posts and the strategic use of customer value drivers to target and improve performance.
- Examine the strategic use and integration of improvement methods such as cost of Quality, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and benchmarking.
Who Should Attend:Quality managers and directors, small business CEOs and COOs, division and department managers, general managers, finance directors, military officers, and anyone who is responsible for implementing and integrating quality management practices into their organizations.
- Quality Management Overview
- What is it?
- ASQ Futures Study and its implication to organizations and quality practitioners
- Business excellence models and standards, tools of management
- Process management
- Human Factors Needed to Achieve Technical
- HR performance management
- Culture and leadership
- Change management
- Performance Metrics and Strategic Planning for
- Performance metrics evolution; BSC
- Customer listening posts and the strategic use of customer value drivers to target and improve performance
- Strategic use and integration of improvement methods such as COQ, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and benchmarking
- Product & Service Design and
- Juran Trilogy and exemplary model and methods for product/service planning (design and development) and improvement
- Similarities and differences between current methods such as QFD, DFSS, APQP, DOE, FMEA, control plans, Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
Percentage of time spent on Main Topics:
|Course Content / Main Topics||% of Time|
|Quality Management Overview||25%|
|Performance Metrics and Strategic Planning for Improvement||25%|
|Product/Service Design, Development and Improvement||30%|
This course is a two-day, instructor-led virtual or traditional classroom course.
PDF version of slides and handouts.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|May 09, 2019 - May 10, 2019||Pittsburgh ILT0261||PA||US||Debra Owens CMQ/OE, CQIA||English||Early Bird Ends April 01, 2019 List: $1099 Member: $999 Regular List: $1269 Member: $1149|
|September 19, 2019 - September 20, 2019||Louisville ILT0295||KY||US||TBD||English||Early Bird Ends August 12, 2019 List: $1099 Member: $999 Regular List: $1269 Member: $1149|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session