Apply the most appropriate methods and tools to improve processes, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction
This workshop involves participants in exploring the major approaches for process improvement. Through a combination of information sharing and facilitated workshop activities, go through the five steps of designing a process improvement project. The application of a systematic approach to change is benefiting companies around the globe. Process improvement is the foundation of organizational sustainability. The most successful organizations proactively harness technology, processes, innovation, and opportunities that add tangible benefit to both customer and company. The philosophy and application of the principles that underlie process improvement are modifying the very nature and culture of the organizations in which we work. Those who embrace process improvement are in the best position to realize long term success.
- CEU Hours: 2.4
- Length: 24 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2.4
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Study the multiple dimensions of process focus.
- Analyze the “voice of the customer.”
- Calculate “critical to quality” requirements.
- Evaluate SIPOCS and force field analysis.
- Assess process flow structures.
- Review key measures of process performance.
- Observe and compare widely used process methodologies.
- Apply the process analysis life cycle.
Who Should Attend:Quality managers, team facilitators, team members, process improvement project leaders, quality engineers, and supervisors will benefit from this course. This is an excellent course to prepare for Six Sigma Black Belt training as well.
- Introductions and expectations
- Course materials and objectives
- Personalized process improvement case study
- The executive guide to improvement and change
- Goal/QPC memory jogger II
- The case for process improvement and change
- Personalized PI case study core Priorities: Step 1
- Impact of the customer on process improvement
- The voice of the customer: Valuing customer needs
- Six areas critical to successful business outcomes
- Customer satisfaction as a driver for improvement and change
- The core process redesign pathway — Introduction
- Personalized PI case study: Step 2 — Using CPR
- The human side of process improvement
- Teams and other resources
- Setting process expectations and scope
- Force field analysis
- The characteristics of effective processes
- Personalized PI case study: Step 3 — Mapping the SIPOC
- Translating customer requirements to process models
- The value of systems processes
- Personalized PI case study: Step 4 — Core process drill-down
- Chain management
- Measuring processes for improvement
- Personalized PI case study: Step 5 — Aligning priorities, process and outcomes
- Using tools for process improvement
- Reducing variation and increasing value
- Lean, six sigma, decision-making and problem solving
- Personalized PI case study: Step 6 — Designing the implementation project
- The process improvement toolkit
- Process analysis tools: Control charts, pareto, histogram, cause and effect, etc.
- Personalized PI case study: Step 7 — Packing the right tools for the journey
- Mega-tools for Project Effectiveness
- Balanced scorecard, software and the Internet
- Personalized PI case study: Step 8 - Launching the improvement project
- Final process improvement case study presentations
This is a four-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
Students will receive the course manual and textbooks The Executive Guide to Process Improvement and Change, and Memory Jogger II at the course. These materials are included in the purchase price of the course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session