Learn the fundamentals of Value Stream Mapping to help reduce waste in your organization.
Learn the fundamentals of Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
through lecture, discussion and a case study. Obtain the information on how to
prepare for a VSM event and walk through the steps of creating the process
family, drawing a current state map, developing a future state map and writing
a plan to get there. Follow a case study through the steps and actually draw
the maps. Learn tips and tricks that will make your value stream maps better
and drive results that reduce waste. Also learn about different types of value
stream maps including real examples for: office and support functions,
manufacturing, service and supply chains.
- CEU Hours: 0.8
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Learn the basics of value stream mapping
- Apply VSM in different scenarios
- Avoid common pitfalls during VSM events
Who Should Attend:Those who are new to quality and those who are quality practitioners who work in office and support functions, manufacturing, service, and supply chains.
- Introductions and background to VSM
- Background, history
- Process Family
- Process family matrix
- Current State
- Data collection
- Draw current state map
- Future State
- Identify opportunities for improvement (kaizen bursts)
- Draw future state map
- Populate a plan
- Prioritize projects
This is a one-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course including lecture, discussion, and a case study.
Attendees will receive a print copy of the course materials.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|February 14, 2020 - February 14, 2020||Fort Myers ILT0384||FL||US||Rama Shankar CMBB, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends January 05, 2020 List: $899 Member: $799 Regular List: $1039 Member: $919|
|May 22, 2020 - May 22, 2020||Salt Lake City ILT0457||UT||US||Andrew (Jack) H. West CMBB||English||Early Bird Ends April 12, 2020 List: $899 Member: $799 Regular List: $1039 Member: $919|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session