Learn the fundamentals of Value Stream Mapping to help reduce waste in your organization.
Learn the fundamentals of Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
through lecture, discussion and a case study. Obtain the information on how to
prepare for a VSM event and walk through the steps of creating the process
family, drawing a current state map, developing a future state map and writing
a plan to get there. Follow a case study through the steps and actually draw
the maps. Learn tips and tricks that will make your value stream maps better
and drive results that reduce waste. Also learn about different types of value
stream maps including real examples for: office and support functions,
manufacturing, service and supply chains.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ
- Learn the basics of value stream mapping
- Apply VSM in different scenarios
- Avoid common pitfalls during VSM events
Who Should Attend:Those who are new to quality and those who are quality practitioners who work in office and support functions, manufacturing, service, and supply chains.
- Introductions and background to VSM
- Background, history
- Process Family
- Process family matrix
- Current State
- Data collection
- Draw current state map
- Future State
- Identify opportunities for improvement (kaizen bursts)
- Draw future state map
- Populate a plan
- Prioritize projects
This is a one-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course including lecture, discussion, and a case study.
Attendees will receive a print copy of the course materials.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1039 Member: $919|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!