Support improvement initiatives with the A3 approach to problem solving—a valuable component of an organization’s Lean toolset.
Don’t Delay! Purchase by June 30, 2017, and you’llreceive four Quality ExpressTM courses FREE: Affinity Diagram, Project Selection, Probability Basics and SIPOC.
This interactive, easy-to-navigate course will start with the basics and build on learned knowledge with each section. Learners will discover what A3 is, why it is important, and how it supports a Lean organization. Then, they will learn how A3 functions as both a process and a tool for problem solving. Learners will also explore strategies for successful use of A3 that they can apply to improvement initiatives within their own organizations.
- CEU Hours: 0.05
- Length: 0.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.05
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Understand the fundamentals of A3, including its purpose, benefits, and role in a Lean organization
- Explain how to use A3 as a process and a tool for problem solving
- Understand strategies for successful use of A3
Prerequisites:There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend:Anyone who is interested in learning how the A3 approach to problem solving can support Lean initiatives within an organization, or anyone who needs a refresher on the basics of A3.
- Introduction to A3
- A3 Basics
- A3 and Lean
- Benefits of A3
- A3 as a Process and a Tool
- A3 as a Process
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle
- A3 as a Tool
- Report Requirements
- General A3 Questions
- Visual Tools
- Types of A3 Reports
- A3 as a Process
- Strategies for Success
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|A3ASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $35 Member: $25|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session