Help your company remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment by learning the basics of lean and how to use lean techniques, tools, problem-solving framework, and PDCA and A3 to organize and manage lean improvement projects that address organizational problems and improve performance.
This three-tiered, lean training curriculum is designed to teach new and/or less-experienced lean practitioners how to reduce waste and increase organizational efficiency and apply the learnings to lean projects. The curriculum is comprised of three separate, interrelated courses:
- Day 1: Lean 101: Introduces you to the basics of lean to begin building your foundation.
- Days 2–3: Lean Problem-Solving Tools: Learn how to use the lean problem-solving framework and tools to address organizational problems and improve performance.
- Days 4–5: Applied Lean: Provides you with the ability to apply lean tools and methods (leveraging PDCA and A3 within a project scenario) to review, analyze, and solve case study-specific business problems in manufacturing and service/transactional organizations.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 37 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.7
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
Learning Objectives:Day 1: Lean 101
- Describe basic lean terms, principles and concepts
- Differentiate between Value Added and Non-Value Added activities
- Recognize the eight sources of waste
- Apply fundamental lean tools and techniques in a simulated factory setting
- Describe relationships between inventory and process lead time
- Describe the difference between “Tactical” and “Strategic” lean
- Identify common obstacles and keys to success
- Problem recognition, description, and definition typical of those in their organizations
- The most efficient and effective problem-solving methodologies, techniques, and tools given the circumstances
- Methods for implementing and sustaining solutions
- Simple and practical ways to gather data to verify the effectiveness of the solutions implemented
- Identify the appropriate lean principles, concepts, and methods to apply to a given organizational improvement opportunity.
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA) and how it used to effect lean improvements.
- Describe A3 and how it is used to organize and manage lean improvement projects.
- Use PDCA and A3 to successfully complete a lean improvement project.
- Lead a lean improvement project within your organization, correctly applying lean principles, concepts, and methods to achieve improvements
- Create a standard, repeatable approach to subsequent organizational lean improvement projects
Who Should Attend:New and/or less-experienced lean practitioners in all departments can apply the methodologies, techniques, and tools discussed across all three courses to solve business problems and improve workplace performance.
- Simulation Overview
- Introduction to Lean
- Implementing Lean Techniques and Tools
- Recognizing, Describing, and Defining Problems
- Problem-Solving Methodologies
- Lean Problem Solving
- Identifying Causes
- Understanding the Causes
- Developing the Solution
- Implementing and Sustaining Solutions
- Why Are We Here Today?
- PDCA and A3
- Simulated Project
- Project Workshop
FormatThis is a five-day, instructor-led, virtual series of courses.
MaterialsDigital course content for each course
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1679 Member: $1519|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!