Help your company remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment by learning the basics of lean and how to use lean techniques, tools, problem-solving framework, and PDCA and A3 to organize and manage lean improvement projects that address organizational problems and improve performance.
This three-tiered, lean training curriculum is designed to teach new and/or less-experienced lean practitioners how to reduce waste and increase organizational efficiency and apply the learnings to lean projects. The curriculum is comprised of three separate, interrelated courses:
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 37 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.7
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
Day 1: Lean 101
- Describe basic lean terms, principles and concepts.
- Differentiate between Value Added and Non-Value Added activities.
- Recognize the eight sources of waste.
- Apply fundamental lean tools and techniques in a simulated factory setting.
- Describe relationships between inventory and process lead time.
- Describe the difference between “Tactical” and “Strategic” lean.
- Identify common obstacles and keys to success. Day 2–3: Lean Problem-Solving Tools
- Problem recognition, description, and definition typical of those in their organizations.
- The most efficient and effective problem-solving methodologies, techniques, and tools given the circumstances.
- Methods for implementing and sustaining solutions.
- Simple and practical ways to gather data to verify the effectiveness of the solutions implemented. Days 4–5: Applied Lean
- Identify the appropriate lean principles, concepts, and methods to apply to a given organizational improvement opportunity.
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA) and how it used to effect lean improvements.
- Describe A3 and how it is used to organize and manage lean improvement projects.
- Use PDCA and A3 to successfully complete a lean improvement project.
- Lead a lean improvement project within your organization, correctly applying lean principles, concepts, and methods to achieve improvements.
- Create a standard, repeatable approach to subsequent organizational lean improvement projects.
Who Should Attend:New and/or less-experienced lean practitioners in all departments can apply the methodologies, techniques, and tools discussed across all three courses to solve business problems and improve workplace performance.
II. Simulation Overview
III. Introduction to Lean
IV. Implementing Lean Techniques and Tools
Day 2–3: Lean Problem-Solving Tools
II. Recognizing, Describing, and Defining Problems
III. Problem-Solving Methodologies
IV. Lean Problem Solving
V. Identifying Causes
VI. Understanding the Causes
VII. Developing the Solution
VIII. Implementing and Sustaining Solutions
Days 4–5: Applied Lean
II. Why Are We Here Today?
III. PDCA and A3
IV. Simulated Project
V. Project Workshop
FormatThis is a five-day, instructor-led, face-to-face series of courses.
MaterialsParticipant guide for each course
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $2529 Member: $2299|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!