Kaizen creates a culture of continuous improvement where all employees are actively engaged in improving the company. Explore the fundamentals of kaizen including its purpose and relationship to lean. Understand and explain the benefits of kaizen improvements and describe the phases of a kaizen event.
This interactive, easy-to-navigate course will explain the fundamentals of kaizen, including its purpose, benefits, and how it relates to lean. Learners will also learn about the phases of a kaizen event and how to incorporate the plan-do-check-act into kaizen initiatives. Pulling it all together, learners will discover how easy it is to incorporate kaizen into day-to-day activities with a real-world example.
ASQ also offers this course as part of the Lean Essentials bundle. Get all six lean courses in one bundle and save!
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 0.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.05
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the fundamentals behind kaizen, including its purpose and relationship to lean
- Explain the benefits of kaizen improvements
- Describe the phases of a kaizen event
Prerequisites:There are no prerequisites for this course. For a beginner to lean, it is recommended to complete the Introduction to Lean Principles course prior to this course, but not required.
Who Should Attend:Anyone who is interested in learning how kaizen can be a useful tool for promoting continuous improvement, or anyone who needs a refresher on the basics of kaizen.
- Value Definition
- Value Stream
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value Stream Map vs. Process Map
- VSM Symbols and Icons
- Mapping Process Overview
- Current State Value Stream Mapping
- Future State Value Stream Mapping
This is an online, self-paced course that can be started at any time.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|KAIZENASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $40 Member: $30|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!