Develop your expertise and value as an ISO/IEC 17025 specialist. Review, write, and understand ISO/IEC 17025 nonconformances. Hone your skills; understand the rigors of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. This course is invaluable for new assessors and as a refresher for long-time assessors of ISO/IEC 17025. Consultants who help transition clients from other ISO standards and from the 2005 version to the requirements of the latest ISO/IEC 17025 will also benefit from this course.
The 4.5-day ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course is designed to further develop your understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 and help you understand how to plan and lead an ISO/IEC 17025 assessment. Attendees will gain an understanding of uncertainty, traceability, and PT/ILC and how they are assessed. This course will prepare you to meet technical demands of the assessment while providing practical exercises to aid comprehension.Attending an ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course is just one of the necessary steps in becoming a contract assessor for an accreditation body.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 37 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.7
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand all the elements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Cover the full range of assessment techniques, good practices, and assessor responsibilities.
- Benefit from practical assessment exercises.
- Gain an understanding and assessing uncertainty, traceability, and PT/ILC.
- Get practical experience of planning, running, and reporting on assessments.
Prerequisites:All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard to this course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item #T1127).
Who Should Attend:This course is for laboratory managers, laboratory technicians and technical staff, prospective assessors and consultants, and auditors of all types who want to learn better laboratory audit practices and an appreciation for the technical demands of ISO/IEC 17025. This course is perfect for those who would like to become an assessor for an ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Body.
Attendees are required to bring their own copies of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 to this course. If you do not own a copy of the standard, you can purchase it from ASQ. Attendees should have a basic understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 before attending this course.
- Background of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Definitions, Terminology: ISO 9000, VIM, etc.
- Assessment and Auditing Requirements: ISO/IEC 17011, ISO 19011, ISO 10012
- Logo and Symbol Use
- Opening and Closing Meetings
- ILAC, IAAC, APLAC Recognition and Oversight
- ISO/IEC 17025 Requirements/Accreditation Requirements
- Clause 4, 5, and 6 Review
- Sub-elements clarified
- Evening assignment
- Review case studies
- Clause 7 and 8 review
- Sub-elements clarified
- Evening assignment
- Review clause case studies
- Clause 4, 5, and 6 Review
- Traceability and PT/ILC
- Uncertainty (NIST 1297) – Includes Budgets and Examples
- Accreditation Stages
- Document Review Exercise – Clause 4, 5, and 6
- Auditing Guidelines – ISO 19011
- ISO/IEC 17025 Scope of Accreditation
- Opening Meeting Activities
- Assessing ISO/IEC 17025 Using a Checklist
- Includes technical method witnessing/role playing
- Uncertainty Budget Software and example
- Case Studies: Uncertainty, PT/ILC, Traceability, Calibration Certificates
- Review of Assessment Case Studies and Certificate Shortcomings
- Assessment Report Preparation
- Closing Meeting Participation Exercises
- Review of Standards and Assessment Requirements
- Audit Checklists and Audit Reports
- Accreditation Body-specific Training, Report Types, Assessor Duties, and Resources Available
- Practice Exam and Review
- Final Exam
Detailed Course Description
Develop your expertise and value as an ISO 17025 specialist. Review, write, and understand ISO 17025 nonconformances. Hone your skills; understand the rigors of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard. Consultants will benefit from this course to help transition clients from other ISO standards and from the 2005 version to the requirements of the latest ISO/IEC 17025.This course can also be invaluable as a refresher for long-time assessors of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
Classroom, instructor-led. This course is 4.5 days in length.
Attendees are required to bring a laptop and a copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard to class.
Instead of course material, ANAB will provide each participant with a Memory Stick which includes all training material. If you would like to purchase a hard copy of the manual, please contact ANAB at email@example.com
If you do not have a copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard (Item # T1127) and need to purchase one, please visit www.asq.org to order on-line or call Customer Care at 1-800-248-1946 (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm CST) to order.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please contact David Feist at firstname.lastname@example.org
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1839 Member: $1609|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!