Introduction to Lean Principles
A lean operation produces just what is needed, when it is needed, with no additional labor, costs, inventory, or time. Gain an understanding of the benefits that lean management can bring to your organization. Learn the fundamentals of lean methodology, define the core principles, and explain the concept of waste.
Take the next step forward in quality improvement! This interactive, easy-to-navigate course will start with the basics and build on learned knowledge with each section. Learners will discover what lean is, why it is important, and how it can benefit an organization. Then, they will walk through the key principles of lean that distinguish it from all other quality improvement techniques, including people, value, flow, efficiency, pull, and perfection. Building on this knowledge, learners will explore the sources of waste that can be prime targets for meaningful quality improvement initiatives.
ASQ also offers this course as part of the Lean Essentials bundle. Get all six lean courses in one bundle and save!
Questions? We Can Help.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 0.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.05
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the background of the lean methodology, including its purpose, benefits, and history
- Define the core principles of lean and explain how value is defined
- Explain the concept of waste and identify sources of waste
Prerequisites:There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend:Anyone who is interested in learning how lean can have a positive effect on achieving quality improvement goals, or anyone who needs a refresher on the basics of lean.
- What is Lean?
- Benefits of Lean
- History of Lean
- Principles of Lean
- People, Teamwork
- Value Definition
- Value Chain
- Value Stream
- Efficiency, Standard Work
- Fundamentals of Waste
- Not Utilizing
- Excess Processing
This is an online, self-paced course that can be started at any time.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!