Learn the skills and knowledge required for quality inspection and how inspection fits in a quality management system.
In this course you will learn the skills and knowledge required for quality inspection and how inspection fits in a quality management system.
Learn the basic math required including algebra, geometry and trigonometry. You will understand inspection plans and sampling methods. Learn how to read engineering drawings including the symbols, terms, notes and views associated with the drawings as well as the basics of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing system.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 14 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.4
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand what is required for quality inspection
- Know how inspection fits in a QMS
- Learn basic math for quality inspections
- Know equipment and its use
- Read engineering drawings
- Learn basics of GD&T
- Understand inspection plans and AQL sampling methods
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality inspection or wishing to refresh their knowledge of quality inspection, This material follows the ASQ Body of Knowledge for Certified Quality Inspector and is a good first step for those may be considering certification in the future.
- Technical Math
- Basic shop math (add, subtract, multiply, + and - numbers)
- Basic algebra
- Basic geometry
- Basic trigonometry
- Measurement systems (units and conversion)
- Numeric conversions (decimals, fractions, scientific notation)
- Common gages and measurement instruments
- Special gages and applications
- Surface plate tools and techniques
- Specialized inspection equipment
- MSA: Measurement system analysis (Gage R&R)
- Engineering Drawings
- Drawing Types
- Sampling Inspection
- AQL Sample Inspection
- Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Control of nonconforming material
- Basic statistics and applications
- Statistical process control (SPC)
- Process capability (Cp)
- Quality improvement: PDCA, tools and techniques
- Lean and six-sigma methods
This is a 2 day classroom course.
Participants will receive course workbook and a calculator. Certificate of completion will be presented at the end of class. This class is 1.4 CEUs.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1399 Member: $1199|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!