Learn about measurement uncertainty for both testing and calibration laboratories.
Learn a practical approach to measurement uncertainty (MU) applications, based on fundamental practices. Hear about MU for both testing and calibration laboratories and understand the steps required, accepted practices, and the types of uncertainties that need to be considered by an accredited laboratory.
Understand the importance of Measurement Uncertainties (MUs) and their marketplace impacts on tests and measurements. Attendees will learn techniques to calculate best measurement capabilities.
- CEU Hours: 1.5
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the need for measurement uncertainty
- Examine international practices and practical statistics
- Understand uncertainties and budgets
- Understand and calculate specific examples for measurement uncertainty
Prerequisites:It is recommended that attendees have had exposure to some uncertainty budgets and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own examples.
Who Should Attend:Laboratory management or technical staff responsible for the review of uncertainties and the calculation of uncertainties, assessors, and consultants for organizations seeking or maintaining accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025.
- Day 1
- Hand out and review course material
- Welcome, introductions, goal setting
- Definitions and acronyms
- Key documents including ISO and ILAC
- Type A and Type B factors
- Root sum squaring
- Uncertainty software options
- Expressing measurement results and uncertainties
- Exercises for combining error terms, significant digits, rounding numbers, NIST 811 formatting, mean/median/mode
- Excel calculations and regression equations
- Example uncertainty budgets and calculations
- Uncertainty auditing tips
- Day 2
- Accreditation scopes and uncertainties
- CMC vs. MU vs. Z-540 uncertainties
- Uncertainty budget fundamentals
- Distribution factors in budgets
- Uncertainty guidance documents including accreditation body and ILAC
- Testing uncertainty categories
- Review of CITAC guide for testing uncertainties
- Control charting and repeatability studies
- Guard banding
- Alternatives to GUM uncertainties
- Attendee uncertainty troubleshooting
- Uncertainty and traceability
- Uncertainty and proficiency testing
- Exercise to create an uncertainty SOP
This is a two-day, instructor-led course.
Student handouts and materials will be provided on a USB drive.
This course is delivered in a face-to-face format.
Requests for course cancellations or transfers received less than 30 calendar days prior to course start date can transfer fees paid to another course offering or transfer the registration to another attendee.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please contact Natalia Larrimer
Tel: 414-501-5445 email@example.com
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|March 23, 2020 - March 24, 2020||Memphis ILT0418||TN||US||TBD||English||Early Bird Ends February 16, 2020 List: $795 Member: $745 Regular List: $919 Member: $859|
|November 19, 2020 - November 20, 2020||San Diego ILT0467||CA||US||TBD||English||Early Bird Ends October 11, 2020 List: $795 Member: $745 Regular List: $919 Member: $859|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session