Demonstrate the ROI of continuous improvement techniques, process improvement techniques, and audits. Improve processes by using basic quality tools to improve processes.
This interactive, four and one-half hour virtual course will present widely accepted definitions for quality and examine continuous improvement techniques, while encouraging learners to use some of the tools and methods discussed. Learners will identify a variety of continuous improvement tools and analyze their advantages and disadvantages, calculate the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ) for their business operations, distinguish the three types of quality audits and describe their application to process improvement and customer satisfaction, and learn the basics of process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma methodology, lean, and benchmarking. Finally, attendees will identify the seven basic quality tools, determine their most appropriate uses, and create a fishbone diagram.
ASQ virtual courses provide electronic access to course materials for 30 days and up to three hard copy prints beginning two days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0.4
- Length: 4.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.4
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Describe a variety of continuous improvement tools.
- Distinguish between the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ).
- Apply selected continuous improvement tools and techniques to your daily work.
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality or with some background, process leaders, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Course Introduction
- Evolution of Quality
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Six Sigma
- Incremental and breakthrough improvement
- Quality improvement tools
The instructor-led, virtual format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
Students of this course will receive an electronic student manual and handouts that will be used during the class.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session