Help your company remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment by learning how to use PDCA and A3 to organize and manage lean improvement projects that address organizational problems and improve performance.
Learn how to apply lean tools and methods (leveraging PDCA and A3 within a project scenario) to review, analyze, and solve case study-specific business problems in manufacturing and service/transactional organizations.
This course is also available as part of a 5-day Lean Foundations course, which includes Lean 101, Lean Problem-Solving Tools, and Applied Lean. Save when you register for all five days!
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Identify the appropriate lean principles, concepts, and methods to apply to a given organizational improvement opportunity.
- Describe the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle (PDCA) and how it used to effect lean improvements.
- Describe A3 and how it is used to organize and manage lean improvement projects.
- Use PDCA and A3 to successfully complete a lean improvement project.
- Lead a lean improvement project within your organization, correctly applying lean principles, concepts, and methods to achieve improvements.
- Create a standard, repeatable approach to subsequent organizational lean improvement projects.
Prerequisites:Lean 101 (L1012019ASQ), Lean Problem-Solving Tools (LPST2019ASQ), or commensurate knowledge. To effectively participate in essential course activities, each attendee needs to be able to modify, update, and save provided Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files (version 2007 or later) during the class.
Who Should Attend:New and/or less-experienced lean practitioners in all departments can apply the methodologies, techniques, and tools discussed in this course to solve business problems and improve workplace performance.
II. Why Are We Here Today?
III. PDCA and A3
IV. Simulated Project
V. Project Workshop
FormatThis is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1609 Member: $1499|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session