Upgrade Your Membership
Leadership and professional achievement do not go unnoticed by ASQ. We offer Senior, Fellow and Honorary membership levels for current members who serve as leaders of the Society.
Senior membership is awarded to individuals who have been Professional ASQ members in good standing for at least (1) year prior to upgrade and meet the following criteria:
- You have 10 years of professional experience.
- You meet one of the four professional criteria outlined on Senior Membership Guidelines and Application.
- Be a current Professional member in good standing for at least one (1) year prior to the date of application for advancement.
You cannot upgrade to Senior status if you are currently an Associate or Student member. Senior upgrade is only available to current Professional members.
Ready to take your ASQ membership to another level? Download the application and apply for advancement to Senior membership.
You’re an Individual member of ASQ. You represent the highest level of the quality profession. You deserve recognition for your years of dedication and practice as a quality professional, and your long-term involvement with ASQ. Continue receiving the same benefits as Professional members, and then some!
Fellow membership is awarded to individuals who have been ASQ members in good standing and who meet the following criteria:
- You have 15 years of quality-related experience.
- You meet minimum-score requirements across six professional categories.
- You’re sponsored by peers and endorsed by your ASQ Section and/or Division.
- You’ve been a Senior member for five years or longer.
Do you know someone who qualifies to be recognized as a Fellow Member?
This is ASQ’s highest grade of membership. It’s bestowed upon individuals who have “rendered acknowledged eminent service to the quality profession or the allied arts and sciences,” as outlined in the ASQ constitution. Requirements include:
- Nomination by at least 10 Professional members.
- Unanimous approval by ASQ’s Board of Directors.
Current Honorary Members include: Walter A. Shewhart, George D. Edwards, Martin A. Brumbaugh, Simon Collier, Harold F. Dodge, Mason E. Wescott, Eugene L. Grant, Joseph M Juran, W. Edwards Deming, Ellis R. Ott, Harry G. Romig, Armand V. Feigenbaum, Kaoru Ishikawa, William A. Golomski, Dorian Shainin, George E. P. Box, Genichi Taguchi, J. Stuart Hunter, Philip B. Crosby, Dr. Lloyd S. Nelson, Dr. Frank M. Gryna, Dr. John D. Hromi, Dr. Yoshio Kondo, Dr. Ronald D. Snee, G. Geoffrey Vining, and Dr. Marcos E.J Bertin .