Learn how to effectively select, audit, and manage suppliers for maximum organizational benefit.
This curriculum is designed for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management. The curriculum is comprised of three separate, interrelated courses:
- Day 1 – 2: Introduction to Supplier Management: Introduces you to foundational supplier management concepts and principles and teaches you how to design and implement a supplier management program
- Day 3: Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance: Emphasizes the importance of auditing suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and shows you how to develop an effective supplier auditing system
- Days 4 – 5: Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management: Describes quality and engineering tools you can use to manage suppliers across all seven phases of the supplier management process; Risk Management, Selection, Part Qualification, Evaluation—Problem Identification, Development and Improvement, Performance Monitoring, Supplier Re-evaluation
To ensure a robust, engaging learning experience, all three courses leverage case studies, individual and group activities, hands-on exercises, and knowledge checks to help you transform the conceptual into the practical.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 37 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.7
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Define a supplier management program and why it is important
- Develop and implement a supplier management strategy
- Develop requirements for supplier selection and part qualification
- Design and evaluate a supplier performance monitoring and improvement program
- Recognize relationships, determine needs, identify gaps, and make supplier development recommendations
- Describe ethical expectations for suppliers and communicate/apply them accordingly
- Develop and monitor a supplier risk management strategy
- Describe supplier quality and why it is important to audit suppliers
- Explain the steps required to prepare for a supplier audit
- Describe how to perform a supplier audit
- Review supplier audit results and take action
- Describe quality/engineering tools that can be used to manage suppliers
- Describe when to apply the tools and how to interpret them
- Work with suppliers so they can use the tools discussed to provide the quality you expect
Who Should Attend:The ISQP curriculum is an excellent tool for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
- Supplier Management Programs—An Overview
- Assessing your Readiness for Supplier Management
- Building a Supplier Management Toolkit
- Taking Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Management Base
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Management Base
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Certifying a Supplier and Ship-to-Stock
Day 3: Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance
- Supplier Management and Auditing—An Overview
- Preparing to Audit a Supplier
- Performing a Supplier Audit
- Reviewing the Results of a Supplier Audit and Taking Action
Days 4 – 5: Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management
- Supplier Management Tools—An Overview
- Risk Management Tools
- Supplier Selection Tools
- Part Qualification Tools
- Supplier Evaluation—Problem Identification
- Supplier Development and Improvement
- Supplier Performance Monitoring Tools
- Supplier Re-evaluation
FormatThis is an instructor-led 5-day course that is 37 hours long in total. Course starts at 8:00 am and finishes at 5:00 pm. One-half hour break for lunch each day and short breaks in morning and afternoon.
MaterialsDigital course content is included in the purchase price of this course.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $2529 Member: $2299|
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence