Expect the very best learning experience when taking this course, featuring:
Crucial tools and methods to solve problems and implement improvements, presented in engaging and bite-size lessons.
Real-world, practical examples throughout so you can start applying what you learn in your job immediately.
Self-paced and fully compatible with mobile: access via smartphones, tablets, or desktop wherever and whenever you like.
PROMOTIONAL OFFER: 20% OFF AT
Solving problems and implementing improvements doesn’t happen by chance: it requires a through and methodical processes and tools to identify, solve, and prevent problems at the root―often missing from business or engineering school programs.
With this modern and engaging Root Cause Analysis e-learning course from ASQ, you will learn how to systematically eliminate errors by rooting them out, leading your team and your business to reduced risks (like recalls), increased safety practices, and improved margins and operations.
This course was created by ASQ in collaboration with highly experienced Subject Matter Experts, and covers crucial knowledge―in just 10 hours of self-paced lessons. Root cause analysis tools and skills apply to all industries, and are recognized as core components in cGMP (current good manufacturing practices, enforced by the Food and Drug Administration in the US) and the IATF 16949:2016 technical specification from the International Automotive Task Force.
All the content is also compatible for study on mobile devices, accessible for one year. ASQ wants to be your career partner, and to allow you to gain new skills anytime, anywhere.
*Offer applied automatically at checkout; no code needed. Valid for this product (SPRCA2022ASQ) only, until March 31, 2023―prices and availability are subject to change without notice. This promotional offer cannot be used in combination with any other offer. For all questions, please contact Customer Care.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 10 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1
- Audience: Academic, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand RCA terminology, goals, benefits, and stakeholders.
- Investigate root causes with cause-and-effect analysis, 5 Whys, FMEA, and other analytical tools.
- Assess and work with various data collection plans and methods, as well as data charts and control charts.
- Define problem-solving models used for root cause analysis, including 8D, PDCA, and DMAIC. Implement problem-solving techniques (poka-yoke, multi-voting, etc.) and plan, manage, and verify change.
- Build and manage RCA project teams successfully.
Prerequisites:Anyone with a desire to improve problem solving in their organization can take this course, regardless of your role or experience.
Who Should Attend:This Root Cause Analysis e-learning course by ASQ is relevant for any quality professional, and contains practical and relevant examples for all industries―with special consideration given to manufacturing and engineering.
- RCA and Problem-Solving Fundamentals
- Basic foundational terms
- Goals of root cause analysis
- RCA scope and context
- Organizational structure and culture
- Metrics for RCA
- Problem-solving models for RCA
- Problem solving using 8D (eight disciplines)
- Value-added vs. non-value-added activities
- Defining the problem statement
- Data Fundamentals
- Types of data
- Data sources
- Planning data collection
- Collecting empirical data
- Data Analysis
- Cause-and-effect analysis
- 5 Whys analysis
- Cause-and-effect analysis and 5 Whys
- Force field and barrier-and-aids analysis
- Data charts
- Control charts
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Fault tree analysis
- Logic trees
- Brainstorming and decision-making tools
- Selecting the most likely cause
- Project Management
- Preparing for an RCA project
- Staffing an RCA project
- Establishing a successful RCA team
- Facilitation skills
- Managing an improvement team
- Maintaining and Sustaining Improvements
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA)
- Recommending a solution
- Implementation planning and change management
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness
- Standardizing the change
- Audit planning
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Recognition of success
This e-learning, self-paced course is designed to be studied from any internet-connected device and includes interactive microlearning lessons with a fresh look-and-feel that you can start, stop, and resume at your convenience.
- PC, Mac, ASQ Learning app, or mobile device running iOS or Android
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learning
After registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Note for corporate clients: Please contact your regular Channel Manager to confirm your contractual terms.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SPRCA2022ASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $390 Member: $355|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!