If your ultimate goal is creating a model that will predict a future value for some dependent variable, then you need Regression Analysis. Regression Analysis is one of the most powerful statistical methods for determining the relationships between variables and using those relationships to forecast future outcomes.
Learn how to derive and implement simple and multiple linear regression models. Assess the overall quality of the models and interpret individual predictors for significance. Discover the assumptions that underlie the models and how to test whether your data meets those assumptions, and what to do when your assumptions are not met.
- CEU Hours: 0.14
- Length: 1.42 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.14
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: The Quality Group
- Review how to use a scatter plot to determine if two variables appear correlated and to what degree.
- Explain how to calculate the correlation coefficient and the coefficient of determination.
- Show how regression analysis can be used to predict the value of one variable from another variable by fitting a least squares regression line to the data and judging the validity of the model.
- Describe how to use information generated by a computer output from a simple linear regression to write the equation of the line and perform predictions based upon the model.
- Explain the purpose of multiple regression and how it differs from simple regression.
- Describe the elements of the multiple linear regression model and identify assumptions about the data required for regression analysis to work.
- Use the “best subsets” method to determine the possible regression models and apply several techniques for selecting the best model.
- Discuss what can go wrong with multiple regression that may lead to incorrect conclusions.
Prerequisites:Basic statistics and hypothesis testing familiarity
Who Should Attend:Persons with knowledge of inferential statistics including confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, and ANOVA.
Simple Linear Regression
- Univariate Data
- Bivariate Data
- Correlation and Regression
- Correlation Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- Interpreting the Model
- Interpreting the Estimates
- Model Assumptions
- Model Verification
- Simple Linear Regression (SLR) Steps/Review
- Multiple Regression
- Applications for Multiple Regression
- Multiple Regression Model
- Multiple Regression Example
- Types of Variables
- Dummy Variables
- Model Selection Criteria
- Model Selection Strategies
- Stepwise Regression
- Stepwise Selection
- Best Subsets
- Correlation Analysis
- Matrix Plot
- Variance Inflation Factor
- Subsets of Multiple Regression in Minitab
- Set Up Best Subsets
- Best Subsets Results
- Choosing the Model
- Standard Error of the Regression (S)
- Mallows Cp
- Rerun the Best Model
- Unusual Observations
- Residual Analysis
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|RATQG||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $159 Member: $149|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session