ASQ’s Quality 101: Certified Quality Improvement Associate Certification Preparation online course is designed as an introduction to quality concepts and as an aid in preparing for the CQIA certification exam.
Defining quality can be a challenge because it means different things to different people. It could mean meeting or exceeding the needs of customers or it could mean products being free from defects. Perhaps it’s the excellent customer service you receive from an organization or the efficient processes used to provide a product or service.
Quality 101 introduces quality concepts to help you understand what quality means and how it is used every day. It is a fully narrated online course with examples gathered from a variety of industries.
The course outline follows the Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) body of knowledge (BoK) and explores the history, evolution, and basics of quality, working with teams, improvement techniques and tools, customer and supplier relationships, and more.
The Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook (e-book edition) is included with the course.
Exam-style, multiple-choice questions in a pretest, post-test, and at the end of each section provide ample opportunities to practice your exam taking skills.
Please note that the questions in this product are not actual ASQ exam questions.
Enhance your preparation by purchasing The ASQ Quality Improvement Pocket Guide (E-book) along with this course.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 9 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.9
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
Learning Objectives:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the history of quality
- Explain how quality benefits people and organizations
- Identify techniques and tools that can help solve problems and improve processes
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality, process leader practitioners, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Introduction: A Jumpstart into Quality
I. Quality Basics
a) Terms, concepts, and principles
1. Quality definitions
2. Quality plan
3. Quality systems
4. Organizational culture
5. Employee involvement and empowerment
6. Systems and processes
b) Benefits of quality
c) Foundations of quality
II. Team Basics
a) Team organization
1. Team purpose
2. Types of teams
3. Value of teams
b) Roles and responsibilities
c) Team formation and group dynamics
1. Initiating teams
2. Selecting team members
3. Team stages
4. Team conflict
5. Team decision-making
a) Process improvement
1. Six sigma concepts and tools
2. Lean concepts and tools
4. Incremental and breakthrough improvement
b) Improvement techniques
c) Improvement tools
d) Root cause analysis
e) Risk management
IV. Supplier Relationship
a) Supplier selection
b) Supplier relationship
c) Supplier performance
V. Customer Relationship
a) Customer identification
b) Voice of the customer (VOC)
1. Data gathering and use
2. Complaint process
3. Customer needs
FormatThis is a self-paced course that can be started at any time.
Additional Notes:You must successfully complete the entire course before a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SPCQIA2020ASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $374 Member: $324|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!