Process Capability is the extent to which a stable process meets customer specifications. It applies to all businesses and industries and to aspects of life. Learn concepts that can be put to immediate use in the workplace to help you measure and improve processes.
Gain an understanding of process capability and how it can be used to predict the potential failure rate from a process. Learn the statistical techniques that are used to predict the complete output of a process based on a relatively small sample. A Process Capability Analysis is a predictive tool that enables right decisions to be made based on data and facts. You will use practical exercises to learn how to carry out effective process capability studies.
- CEU Hours: 0.2
- Length: 2 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.2
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: The Quality Group
- Determine how well a process is able to meet customer requirements by measure of process capability and identify when one process is more capable than another.
- Distinguish capable from non-capable processes.
- Identify how sample measurements are used to estimate population values.
- Determine which Control Chart type is most appropriate for monitoring a particular process parameter.
- Compute Cp, Cpk, Pp, and Ppk values for processes using continuous data.
- Interpret Cp, Cpk, Pp and Ppk and relate them to a defect level.
- Take relevant process information for a process using discrete data.
- Calculate process assessment measurements.
- Look at a powerful operation metric called Rolled Throughput Yield.
Prerequisites:A knowledge of Basic Statistics is helpful.
Who Should Attend:People with knowledge of basic statistics including measures of central tendency and dispersion, histograms, and control charts.
Introduction to Process Capability
- Process Capability defined
- Control Chart
- Specification Limits
- Characteristics of the Data
- Population and Samples
- Symbols: Center
- Symbols: Spread
- Relative Capability
- Graphic comparison of several processes
- Assessing Capability
- Continuous Data
- Discrete Data
- 3 vs 6 Sigma Cap
Process Capability Assessments
- Natural Tolerance
- Comparing Processes
- Smaller is Better
- Standard Deviation Example
- Natural Tolerance Example
- Variation Example
- Capability Studies
- Cp and Cpk
- Using Cp
- Cp Formula
- Cp Calculation
- Cp and Yield
- Cp and Sigma
- Cp and Spec Changes
- Changes in the Mean
- Cpk Introduced and Defined
- Cpk Calculation
- Cpk and Cp
- Cp and Cpk Changes
- Discrete Data
- Sigma Levels
- Rolled Throughput Yield
- Case Study
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|PCTQG||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $169 Member: $159|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session