Looking at drawings, but not sure what you’re looking at? This course will not only teach you how to read a manufacturing print, but you’ll have fun doing it.
Whether on paper or a CAD screen, the primary method of documenting design intent remains the Engineering Drawing. In spite of this, many employees looking at prints do not know how to read and understand these drawings. Industrial prints are an integral part of documenting manufacturing processes. This seminar recognizes the problem and presents this topic in an efficient and appropriate manor for today’s industry.
Print Reading is intended for all personnel who need to understand the meaning of drawings / prints. Emphasis is placed on understanding multiview relationships, symbology and conventional dimensioning and tolerancing methods. Numerous exercises involving the reading of prints will be utilized throughout. Participants are encouraged to bring their own prints for discussion.
Included with the purchase of this course is access to the Print Reading for Today eBook and a 20% discount off the purchase of the hardcover version through Tec-Ease.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: Tec-Ease, Inc
- Learn to read engineering drawings of mechanical parts.
- Recognize types of drawings
- Understand view relationships (first and third angle orthographic projection)
- Improve 3-D visualization of parts on engineering drawings
- Understand the significance of all line types
- Understand dimensioning meaning
- Recognize standard and common features
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances
Who Should Attend:All those who have to read manufacturing prints in order to design, produce and inspect parts: mechanical engineers, designers, managers, production planners, inspectors, machinists, supplier quality personnel, etc.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|PRTTEC||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $499 Member: $449|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session