Measuring Process and Organizational Performance
Want to improve the performance of your company? This course provides you with the metrics and tools to help you measure and better understand the performance of your processes. A balance of lecture, discussion, practice, and case studies allows you to gain insights into your own situation.
Beginning your journey of measuring your processes lined up with organizational performance can be daunting. Learn the “what” and “how” of creating the appropriate metric for your process.
This course is best suited for those in organizations earlier on their “metrics journey” and is designed for any management or staff involved in performance management development or improvement, regardless of industry.
Access to this course is for 90 days from the date of purchase.
Questions? We Can Help.
- CEU Hours: 0.8
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: Quality WBT
- Select metrics based on organizational strategy and/or process needs.
- Define the detailed components for each metric.
- Assess metrics for gaps, conflict, and alignment.
- Define optimum methods for displaying metrics.
- Use metrics to define appropriate organizational actions.
Who Should Attend:Personnel ranging from operations, quality, human resources, finances, sales and marketing, and information technology are encouraged to participate. This course is especially appropriate for quality managers and quality engineers responsible for helping their organizations define metrics for measuring performance of processes.
- Process management as the foundation of organizational management
- Processes defined
- Business Process Thinking
- Types of business processes
- Metrics definitions
- Process and metrics planning
- Aligning process levels to metrics levels – hierarchy
- Metrics Types and purposes
- Metrics definitions
- Metrics categories and labels
- Types of metrics – leading vs. lagging, efficiency vs. effectiveness, etc.
- Selecting the right metrics
- Top-Bottom; bottom-top alignment
- What metrics should accomplish
- Strategy and metrics
- Detailing the metrics
- Identifying the details
- Setting baselines, benchmarks and targets
- Sourcing, Collecting and Frequency of collecting data
- Normalizing and formulizing data
- Analyzing and presenting the data
- Ways to analyze data
- Graphical depictions of data
- Dashboards and scorecards
- Making appropriate decisions
- Issues and considerations
- Frequency of review
- Deciding to change
- Psychological impacts of metrics
- Good and bad news of metrics
- Determining poor vs. better metrics
- Political game-playing with metrics
- The metrics life-cycle
- Life cycle defined
- Factors affecting metrics relevancy
- Reviewing metrics adequacy
This is a self-paced online course that takes approximately eight hours to complete.
Students will receive a Desk Reference of the text content from the course, the article Managing Performance of a System by Duke Okes and case studies, examples and job aids.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!