Want to improve the performance of your company? This course provides you with the metrics and tools to help you analyze and measure your processes. A balance of lecture, discussion, practice, and case studies allows you to gain insights into your own situation.
Want to improve the performance of your company? This course provides you with the metrics and tools to help you measure and better understand the performance of your processes. A balance of lecture, discussion, practice, and case studies allows you to gain insights into your own situation.
Beginning your journey of measuring your processes lined up with organizational performance can be daunting. Learn the “what” and “how” of creating the appropriate metric for your process through lecture, discussion, practice and case studies. Finish your two days with learning how to review, report and act upon these metrics.
This course is best suited for those in organizations earlier on their “metrics journey” and is designed for any management or staff involved in performance management development or improvement, regardless of industry. Personnel ranging from operations, quality, human resources, finances, sales and marketing, and information technology are encouraged to participate. This course is especially appropriate for quality managers and quality engineers responsible for helping their organizations define metrics for measuring performance of processes.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 13 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.3
- Provider: ASQ
- Select metrics based on organizational strategy and/or process needs.
- Define the detailed components related to each metric.
- Assess a set of metrics for gaps, conflict, and alignment.
- Define optimum methods for displaying metrics.
- Use metrics to define appropriate organizational actions.
Who Should Attend:This training is designed for any management or staff involved in performance management or improvement, regardless of industry. Personnel ranging from operations, quality, human resources, finances, sales and marketing, and information technology are encouraged to participate. This course is especially appropriate for quality managers and quality engineers responsible for helping their organizations define metrics for measuring performance of processes.
- Process management as the foundation of organizational management
- Processes defined
- Business Process Thinking
- Types of business processes
- Metrics definitions
- Process and metrics planning
- Aligning process levels to metrics levels – hierarchy
- Metrics Types and purposes
- Metrics definitions
- Metrics categories and labels
- Types of metrics – leading vs. lagging, efficiency vs. effectiveness, etc.
- Selecting the right metrics
- Top-Bottom; bottom-top alignment
- What metrics should accomplish
- Strategy and metrics
- Detailing the metrics
- Identifying the details
- Setting baselines, benchmarks and targets
- Sourcing, Collecting and Frequency of collecting data
- Normalizing and formulizing data
- Analyzing and presenting the data
- Ways to analyze data
- Graphical depictions of data
- Dashboards and scorecards
- Making appropriate decisions
- Issues and considerations
- Frequency of review
- Deciding to change
- Psychological impacts of metrics
- Good and bad news of metrics
- Determining poor vs. better metrics
- Political game-playing with metrics
- The metrics life-cycle
- Life cycle defined
- Factors affecting metrics relevancy
- Reviewing metrics adequacy
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1609 Member: $1379|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!