This course teaches you the DMAIC (define-measure-analyze-improve-control) methodology using examples from across industries. You will learn to define improvement projects, serve on Black Belt teams or lead Green Belt teams in process improvement projects to satisfy the voice of the customer and reduce variation.
This Green Belt training teaches and prepares individuals to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Lean Six Sigma in a support capacity on a Black Belt project team. Green Belts are traditionally Lead process stakeholders and may also be assigned specific process-level improvement projects to conduct on their own—projects that normally do not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by a Black Belt. Participants may be learning alongside those who will be continuing to Black Belt training ensuring consistent learning between both belts. In the virtual setting there will be frequent breakouts sessions as well as some independent work outside of the virtual classroom. This course will use Minitab statistical software. Each participant is required to have their own current version of Minitab statistical software.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 67 Hours
- ASQ RU: 6.7
- Audience: Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Function as a ‘tools application’ member of a Six Sigma project team
- Lead and execute process-level improvement projects
- Collect process data and develop process maps
- Develop statistical hypotheses using simple statistical tools
- Design simple experiments and/or implementation plans that help validate improvement options
- Apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project you will bring to class on the first day
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma principles
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology
- Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held
Prerequisites:See Details Tab for list of Prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions. Participants are normally process owners or leaders and are well versed in technical aspects of their jobs and have worked on project teams.
- Overview and Foundation of Lean and Six Sigma
- Drivers and Metrics
- Theory of Constraints
- Customer Data
- Project Planning Tools
- Project Documentation
- Basic Lean Six Sigma Metrics
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Data Collection and Summary
- Process Capability
- Analyze Phase Overview
- Hypothesis Testing
- Graphical Analysis
- Lean Analysis Tools
- Analyze Phase Transition
- Improve Overview
- Lean Improvement Tools
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- DoE Golf Experiment
- Implementation and Validation Solutions
- Control Phase Overview
- Standard Work
- Control Charting
- Control Plans
- Control Phase Transition
Detailed Course DescriptionThe Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
Green Belts provide value within the organization’s Lean Six Sigma framework in a variety of ways. They serve on Black Belt project teams to help collect and analyze data, develop process maps, assist the Black Belt in certain levels of statistical analysis, and develop experimental designs for a project. These activities serve to support and accelerate progress in every project—which helps to maximize the organization’s return on its investment and adds capacity to deliver even greater numbers of breakthrough improvement projects throughout the company.
Green Belts are also assigned specific improvement projects to conduct on their own; projects that would not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by the Black Belt. Green Belts conduct these projects within the scope of their normal daily roles.
FormatThis course is an instructor-led, virtual environment, conducted in multiple sessions. Please check the Venue and Travel Details tab for specifics. Delivery will be via WebEx. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Participant are required to have the latest version of Minitab statistical software.
MaterialsASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a positive business impact to your organization of $10,000 - $50,000. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics is recommended. Basic college-level algebra will be helpful to understand statistical concepts is a minimum.
- Devote at least 25% of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant and loaded on their computer prior to the first day of class.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|January 24, 2022 - February 25, 2022 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR0865||Chad Smith CMBB, CSSBB||English||List: $5749.00 Member: $5179.00|
Attendance to all virtual sessions is required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Monday – Thursday - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Central Time Zone)
Friday – 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Central Time Zone)
(virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
Week 1: January 24 – 28, 2022
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!