Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
This lean course teaches you the define-measure-analyze-improve-control methodology using case studies from several industries. You will learn to define improvement projects to satisfy the customer and reduce variation.
Lean Six Sigma training will bring both Green and Black belt participants together for 2 weeks ensuring consistent Green Belt knowledge in the principles and practices of Lean and Six Sigma. This 2-week Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training teaches and prepares individuals to implement the principles, practices, and techniques of Lean Six Sigma in a support capacity on a Black Belt project team. Green Belts are traditionally Lead process stakeholders and may also be assigned specific process-level improvement projects to conduct on their own—projects that normally do not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by a Black Belt. Each participant is required to have their own current version of Minitab statistical software.
Questions? We Can Help.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 67 Hours
- ASQ RU: 6.7
- Provider: ASQ
- Function as a ‘tools application’ member of a six sigma project team
- Lead and execute process-level improvement projects
- Collect process data and develop process maps
- -Develop statistical hypotheses using simple statistical tools
- Design simple experiments and/or implementation plans that help validate improvement options
- Apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and six sigma
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the six sigma methodology.
- Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held
Prerequisites:See Details Tab for extensive list of Prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions. Participants are normally process owners or leaders and are well versed in technical aspects of their jobs and have worked on project teams.
- Overview and Foundation of Lean and Six Sigma
- Drivers and Metrics
- Theory of Constraints
- Customer Data
- Project Planning Tools
- Project Documentation
- Basic Lean Six Sigma Metrics
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Data Collection and Summary
- Process Capability/
- Analyze Phase Overview
- Hypothesis Testing
- Graphical Analysis
- Lean Analysis Tools
- Analyze Phase Transition
- Improve Overview
- Lean Improvement Tools
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- DoE Golf Experiment
- Implementation and Validation Solutions
- Control Phase Overview
- Standard Work
- Control Charting
- Control Plans
- Control Phase Transition
Week One Course Agenda
Week Two Course Agenda
Detailed Course Description
The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
Green Belts provide value within the organization’s Lean Six Sigma framework in a variety of ways. They serve on Black Belt project teams to help collect and analyze data, develop process maps, assist the Black Belt in certain levels of statistical analysis, and develop experimental designs for a particular project. These activities serve to support and accelerate progress in every project—which helps to maximize the organization’s return on its investment, and adds capacity to deliver even greater numbers of breakthrough improvement projects throughout the company.
Green Belts are also assigned specific improvement projects to conduct on their own—projects that would not require the statistical rigor demonstrated by the Black Belt. Green Belts are able to conduct these projects within the scope of their normal daily roles.
Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. Learned skills are practices and applied through individual and team exercises. These techniques are also applied to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
This course is an instructor-led, classroom-based environment, conducted five days (one week) per month spread across two months. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Laptop computers will be used extensively during the class. There is normally three-to-four weeks between sessions where the individual returns to their work environment to apply the knowledge and skills learned in class to their projects. This entire course is 10 days in length.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a positive business impact to your organization of $10,000 - $50,000. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics is recommended. Basic college-level algebra will be helpful to understand statistical concepts is a minimum.
- Devote at least 25% of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant.
- PC laptop computers are required and must be provided by the participant with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating system: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or higher
- Memory – 512 MB (minimum); 1 GB or higher (recommended)
- Processor – Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Hard Disk Space – 7 GB or higher
- USB port
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Adobe® Reader - Version 5.0 or higher required for course materials
- Administrator privileges to install ASQ course software at class (recommended)
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Elizabeth Keim CMBB, CMQ/OE, CQA
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|June 12, 2023 - August 04, 2023||Milwaukee ILT1105||WI||US||Rama Shankar CMBB, CQA, CSSBB, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends May 13, 2023 List: $5174.00 Member: $4661.00 Regular List: $5749 Member: $5179|
Mon-Thu: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence