Get the benefits of lean and Six Sigma with this course. Encompassing the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology with integrated lean content, you will learn how to use both systems together for even better bottom-line results.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training will bring both Green and Black belt participants together ensuring consistent Green Belt level knowledge in the principles and practices of Lean and Six Sigma. Black Belt participants will return for a deeper dive into the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and bring the participant to the level of Black Belt, able to lead project teams to achieve breakthrough business improvements for their organizations. The Lean Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that can be applied in service-based, transactional, production-based, and healthcare environments and is focused on achieving significant business results and increased customer satisfaction. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt virtual training consists of multiple sessions spread over several months. In the virtual setting there will be frequent breakouts sessions as well as some independent work outside of the virtual classroom. This course will use Minitab statistical software.
Each participant is required to have their own current version of Minitab statistical software.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 134 Hours
- ASQ RU: 13.4
- Audience: Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Achieve significant improvements in critical business processes
- Apply statistical and problem-solving tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day
- Reduce process variation
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology
- Establish and define process capability
- Identify and eliminate dominant process variation sources
- Characterize and optimize processes by computing and applying statistical techniques
- Design, simulate, and execute designed experiments that depict validated improvement
- Learn how to plan and implement process control to hold project gains
Prerequisites:See Details Tab for list of Prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions—operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering, and other staff functions seeking to bring significant business results to their organizations. Participants are traditionally well versed in technical aspects of their jobs, are team leaders, and are effective project facilitators.
- DMAIC Phase transitions
- Overview and Foundation of Lean and Six Sigma
- Drivers and Metrics
- Projects – Planning Tools - Documentation
- Change Management and Team Management
- Performance Measures
- Financial Measures
- Voice of the Customer - Customer Data
- Theory of Constraints
- Data Types and Analysis
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Data Collection and Summary
- Advanced Process Capability
- Hypothesis Testing
- Logistic Regression
- Sample Size
- Central Limit Theorem and Confidence Intervals
- Graphical Analysis
- Lean Analysis Tools
- Improve Overview
- Split Plot Designs
- Design for Six Sigma
- Advanced Lean Tools
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- DoE Golf Experiment
- Implementation and Validation Solutions
- Standard Work
- Control Charting
- Control Plans
- Sustain Improvements
Detailed Course DescriptionThe Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
This Black Belt course provides a comprehensive and disciplined model for improvement. Every participant will learn how to meet his or her company’s business objectives through the recognized DMAIC process. Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. This course is conducted in four five-day sessions with four weeks between sessions.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
FormatThis course is an instructor-led, virtual environment, conducted in multiple sessions. Please check the Venue and Travel Details tab for specifics. Delivery will be via WebEx. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Participants are required to have the latest version of Minitab statistical software.
MaterialsASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a business impact to your business of $100,000 or greater. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics primer or understanding of basic statistics. Basic college-level algebra is helpful to understand statistical concepts.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant and loaded on their computer prior to the first day of class.
- Devote at least 40 percent of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $12649 Member: $11499|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!